Land leveler

rodders

At the risk of sounding stupid, how does a land leveler work? Field that I have ploughed was drained last year so its full of heights and hollows, how would I use a land leveler to level it? Could someone explain how to use it?

Basically a box frame you drag around after the tractor. Have done hrs driving one and a good man on it can take the work out of stone ground or make ground smooth

So do you drop it down where there’s a height, drag the soil to the hollow and then raise the hydraulic up to leave the soil there?

So do you drop it down where there’s a height, drag the soil to the hollow and then raise the hydraulic up to leave the soil there?

If it is a very big hollow that's what you do, if the hollows aren't that bad you basically just put it down the once and drive round and round and lift it when finished. You would probably be better doing it to get a feel for it

I'd suggest hitching it up and going to a flat piece of concrete and set it so that it is level left to right and front to back when on the ground, roll the ploughing first and run it at a shallow angle to the ploughing direction, that should give you a good idea of what is happening and adjust top link or lift height to change what is happening.

Back