Laoisfarmer pics

No not buying any wagon although the newer ones are well made they would be up there with the strautman.... I think there is a man near you after buying the new type

He owns a bit of land beside us, has his wind turbines paid for now so hes spending money.

Neighbour here is the importer and we work together at grass some times and down the line might be after one of there spreaders . One of the best trips I've been on . It's an impressive set up and for a large company they really keep it family ( the boss even made the effort to come find us on the two days for a chat which surprised me as Ireland's sales would be very small in the business )and are very interested in people's reviews and inputs towards machines . . They really made it a very interesting trip and looked after us .

Neighbour here is the importer and we work together at grass some times and down the line might be after one of there spreaders . One of the best trips I've been on . It's an impressive set up and for a large company they really keep it family ( the boss even made the effort to come find us on the two days for a chat which surprised me as Ireland's sales would be very small in the business )and are very interested in people's reviews and inputs towards machines . . They really made it a very interesting trip and looked after us .

Sounds a very good trip and its nice to hear that the boss made such an effort, something i think you would rarely see!

A fine machine. Nice to see a full set of discs! Who did you deal with? Delaney's?

Delanys , he is the closest but not always the cheapest but priced 3 others and he came back the best which is good because it's nice to deal local .

See you went with the maize skimmers in the end. Let us know what you think of them don't think I've seen a new Irish plough with them before. Well wear on the plough looks a fine job.

Thanks lads , hoping the maize skimmers will handle trash better , in some grassy stubbles the ordinary skimmers were inclined to drag so I'm hoping this will solve the problem if not we will try trash boards .

Looks good. Best of luck. 300 headstock? You will be very happy with the maize skimmers, way ahead of the standard skimmers. You going to leave on the full set of discs? What is it replacing?

Would the maize skimmers be less likely to drag? And what kind of wear would you get out of them compared to standard? Replacement cost?

Yes find they probably don't drag as much, although we dont run discs on the ploughs anymore which really helps in thrashy conditions. They are not that much dearer than the standards, I will have to look up what I paid for the last set. Bought both genuine and non genuine recently. The fact we dont run discs probably leave them to wear quicker, they go just at the corner where they meet the skimmer point. Probably around 8-900 acres/set.

Looks good. Best of luck. 300 headstock? You will be very happy with the maize skimmers, way ahead of the standard skimmers. You going to leave on the full set of discs? What is it replacing?

Thanks kjl 200 headstock . Prob leave on the full set as it makes it easier to pull . Replaced a 4 furrow e80 16 inch with no 9 boards . It's on no 8 so will match in with the other Es 80

Best of luck with it Laois the fifth furrow is a great advantage more than u think

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Getting 40 for feeding straw out of the shed . All nearly sold here so not to bad . I hear straw is starting to move but prices seem to be all over the place . It seems early for a push on straw but I can see the market rising in the next two weeks as pits are getting small and there are no stock out yet

I'm noticing the same with straw. Livestock guys are getting through fodder fast, the beef lads are feeling financial pressure though.

Back