Laptop Problem

Michael

I've got a problem with my laptop. When I plugged it in and powered it up, it threw up a fault message saying that the battery has developed a fault and to order a new one. I disabled the charging of it as it said to do so in the message. The power on light is flashing continuously (orange in colour) also.
Will it harm the laptop if I continue to use it while plugged in and how much are the batteries for them roughly?
The laptop is a Dell Inspirion and I only have it since July of this year. Any help and experiences of similar problems welcome.
Thanks in advance.

I've got a problem with my laptop. When I plugged it in and powered it up, it threw up a fault message saying that the battery has developed a fault and to order a new one. I disabled the charging of it as it said to do so in the message. The power on light is flashing continuously (orange in colour) also.
Will it harm the laptop if I continue to use it while plugged in and how much are the batteries for them roughly?
The laptop is a Dell Inspirion and I only have it since July of this year. Any help and experiences of similar problems welcome.
Thanks in advance.
warrenty:confused1:
it wont harm anything by useing without a battery

Hope the warranty will cover it but I bought off pc world so we'll see.

My son in law spent a long time getting a fault sorted with PC World. You have to be very persistent and put up with a lot of nonsense but they do eventually put things right (New computer of a higher standard as his one was out of stock).

It don't say how long the warranty is for:confused1:
Have heard that PC World can be tricky to deal with. True or not I don't know.

It don't say how long the warranty is for:confused1:
Have heard that PC World can be tricky to deal with. True or not I don't know.
you should have a 12 month fit for purpose warrenty
if you dont get any sence from the shop floor staff go straight to management

you should have a 12 month fit for purpose warrenty
if you dont get any sence from the shop floor staff go straight to management

Hope so. Expensive things to be giving trouble:sad:
Didn't like dealing with them. Staff very forcefull, in that they would try and force you into spending more on this package and that package that you would have no need for or want. Not many other places to buy one in so...

i run the free version:whistling: of AVG here, dose the trick,
also give spybot a run on the pc here about once a month.
it finds a lot of stuff the others dont.

dont ask me, more so the likes of certain silent trojans and cookies that quietly watch what you do on the net.
it eradicates them.
last time i run a scan it found 60 things that wasnt supposed to be there, and that were slowly grinding at the pc speed.

as for the batt problem.

ya didnt happen to plug someone elses charger into your pc mike?
it can feck a battery up, not so much on the first go but it has been known to happen.
bro is on his 3rd batt for his dell and its about 3yrs old he says.
he did mention that re charging it before it was near flat didnt do it any favours if you tend to have the habbit of doing that.

No. Always use the charger it came with. Dells batteries are shyte so.
Brother has a toshiba and has had no bother with it. Has it over 2 years and by god does he use it. He's never off it.:laugh:

Really?? Thought Dell where one of the best you could buy. Pricey buggers aren't they.

I thought so too lad, I got a Dell Inspiron about 3 years ago, £700 quid's worth. Bit of a dog really. Takes the pi$$ when I got mates with knackered old Toshiba's they've had no trouble with.

i run the free version:whistling: of AVG here, dose the trick,
also give spybot a run on the pc here about once a month.
it finds a lot of stuff the others dont.

Yea Avg or Avast are both good. I use avast currently and it's fine, takes a little less resources than avg and seems to do a good job. I use spybot too.

A program worth looking at is malwarebytes, caught a few things others didn't catch when I ran it on my sisters comp. I knew the malware she had so it wasn't just throwing fake viruses and malware at you.

Ccleaner is good for keeping things such as the registry clean, just be careful when using it!

I have a latitude and the battery has done very well on it. Think the cheaper dells have cheaper batteries in them.

Yea Avg or Avast are both good. I use avast currently and it's fine, takes a little less resources than avg and seems to do a good job. I use spybot too.

A program worth looking at is malwarebytes, caught a few things others didn't catch when I ran it on my sisters comp. I knew the malware she had so it wasn't just throwing fake viruses and malware at you.

Ccleaner is good for keeping things such as the registry clean, just be careful when using it!

I have a latitude and the battery has done very well on it. Think the cheaper dells have cheaper batteries in them.
can i have that in english:blushing:

yep, i have malwarebytes here too, good program to run now and again.

no worries HC, your hardly on too many dodgy websites:whistling:, you will be fine:lol:

No. Always use the charger it came with. Dells batteries are shyte so.
Brother has a toshiba and has had no bother with it. Has it over 2 years and by god does he use it. He's never off it.:laugh:

wife has one of them dell inspirations . 2 month old and its been fixed once . my 3 year old lenovo is still going like new

wife has one of them dell inspirations . 2 month old and its been fixed once . my 3 year old lenovo is still going like new

Dell are not what I thought so then... Hope it keeps going. :001_unsure:
Acer are a cheaper brand and was told they where rubbish. Few people I know have them and they say they are good. Toshiba seem to be the best out there it seems.

Acer are a cheaper brand and was told they where rubbish. Few people I know have them and they say they are good. Toshiba seem to be the best out there it seems.
the bro runs a dell, he has had many different makes but seems to like the dell to be fair.
he lives and works on computers.

i wouldnt bet on that:whistling::whistling:
:lol::lol:

I have a toshiba net book and hate the feking thing . that might be cos its a net book tho . my old lenovo is the bis

Back