Leyland tractors

20191016_184141.jpg 20191016_184242.jpg Hi Lads, are the 10 speed boxes all the same? I'm in deep on my 285 gearbox and 4th/5th sliding gear is wrecked. I'm looking for a replacement, if there was one in Ireland it would be super, shipping etc.
The bearing locknut had been welded to the shaft, threads gone on nut and will clean up fine on shaft, thank god I didn't need rip the diff.
Thanks

View attachment 70770 View attachment 70771 Hi Lads, are the 10 speed boxes all the same? I'm in deep on my 285 gearbox and 4th/5th sliding gear is wrecked. I'm looking for a replacement, if there was one in Ireland it would be super, shipping etc.
The bearing locknut had been welded to the shaft, threads gone on nut and will clean up fine on shaft, thank god I didn't need rip the diff.
Thanks
Not sure if all ten speeds are the same, just know they're unreliable when mated with 100 hp...
Scrapped/weighed in a good ten speed box lately as I converted tractor to synchro, there'd be no market for a ten speed usually.
Check the ATJ number on the side casing, see if it matches a 272 etc box, this might simplify your quest.

Nice forerunner to the Leylands

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagemachinery-for-sale/nuffield-465/23400021

MjE1NzBhMzRmMDkxNjYwZGJhM2NhMGUwOWQ4OTc1ZjCVGbWFhCp7B1S9jiPdjy-0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzU3MjgyMzl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

its clean and reasonably priced i,d have thought but the paint on the wheels is wrong and the harvest gold doesn,t seem to be the right shade either , i,ve a secret longing for one of those :tt1:
So have I but I keep convincing myself that I've enough toys in the pram...
I'd say the wheels are Ford white and the harvest gold just looks very fresh.

its clean and reasonably priced i,d have thought but the paint on the wheels is wrong and the harvest gold doesn,t seem to be the right shade either , i,ve a secret longing for one of those :tt1:

So have I but I keep convincing myself that I've enough toys in the pram...
I'd say the wheels are Ford white and the harvest gold just looks very fresh.

Is there something in the water in Wexford , to explain this strange longing ? :tt2::scratchhead:

I'd say you'd change that seat quick enough, burn the arse of you....
ZGYxYzBiNzQ5OTNjY2EzNzg3MjJkYTMwZjBiOWVkNTWtTolkR2FzKvXDsYzKtKT8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDU2MzgxODN8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

we like collecting beautiful things as my current wife will testify to ( its alright now shes left the room ) only we,re in lockdown myself and MF 30 would have the tyres kicked off that tractor :smile:
It's in New Ross, Nash will have it snapped up and have an auctions between the Wexicans.

It's in New Ross, Nash will have it snapped up and have an auctions between the Wexicans.

I've a feeling I know where it is but passed the yard I am thinking of tonight and didn't see it so may put the thinking cap on again.....

Be an ideal back up to the 6640 for you MF30 and you wouldn't have to buy a loader for that then either :Whistle2:

Edit: know the owner alright, lightly used for the last few years and would have Leyland blood too.

I've a feeling I know where it is but passed the yard I am thinking of tonight and didn't see it so may put the thinking cap on again.....

Be an ideal back up to the 6640 for you MF30 and you wouldn't have to buy a loader for that then either :Whistle2:

Edit: know the owner alright, lightly used for the last few years and would have Leyland blood too.
it sounds like a good buy then , what weaknesses had they got ?

Back