Machinery auction

SHS

Just wondering if anyone was at the machinery auction in Birr, County Offaly on Saturday? any idea of prices?

One or two local wits call that "The Museum" , due to the length of time some of the "exhibits" have been on display.

The Offaly Auction .
Tippcon had posted about Lisheen in the mean time.

when one goes to an auction, they may need a gauranteed cheque. What does this mean or how do they get their cheque gauranteed?

when one goes to an auction, they may need a gauranteed cheque. What does this mean or how do they get their cheque gauranteed?

I think there is a cheque guarantee card or something. I think it's being phased out actually. Dangerous game buying at auction.

I think there is a cheque guarantee card or something. I think it's being phased out actually. Dangerous game buying at auction.
Ah no , the cheque guarantee card was only up to £100 and for personal not business use IIRC.
What CORK is enquiring about is different altogether. Here's how it works. You must get your bank to advise auctioneers (bank) that your good for say 10k. Then you go to auction , buy your yoke and when it goes through the office they will know that your cheque wont bounce and you can go home with your purchase. Otherwise they can refuse you the goods till the cheque has cleared, if you read the small print.

The brother and myself took ourselves off to the Irish Machinery Auction in Naas this morning to see what the fuss is all about. We spent longer driving to it then we spent at it. Feck all in the way of farm machinery at it and what little was there would probably be better left there for the most part.

The brother and myself took ourselves off to the Irish Machinery Auction in Naas this morning to see what the fuss is all about. We spent longer driving to it then we spent at it. Feck all in the way of farm machinery at it and what little was there would probably be better left there for the most part.

Did you see this sell?
https://www.donedeal.ie/view/21260422

Always wonder why a tractor like this would end up in an auction IF genuine. . Be fierce hard to get its value.

But I thought it was “massive”....?

The T7 is it?. I didn't see it sold. We left a good bit before that. I did look at it and it looked to be in very good condition. As you say why it would be in a place like that if it's genuine I don't know.

Back