mad idea or not?

[MENTION=416]headcase[/MENTION] are you thinking along the lines of this. Shaft would need to be possibly heavier than 3", what sort of wall thickness have you in mind, you don't want it to bend whatever happens, [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSekQmyTeDI"]Mixit Stirrer - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• Slurry stirrer.jpg
    Slurry stirrer.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 49
I have a redrock one i was thinkin of selling would need to put a bearing on the top end rite enought, but how much are they worth?? must get a picture up if anyone is interested.

What you need is some old drill tube shaft it's 3-4 " diameter with 3/4 " wall better still they screw together and won't bend

What you need is some old drill tube shaft it's 3-4 " diameter with 3/4 " wall better still they screw together and won't bend

where would u find that?

imagine there would have to be some about alright when u think about it but not a big pile unless ur in the know

got one of them mix it ones were i work, i brought it for him from a farm sale for £160 have just done the big back bearing on it which is a double race roller bearing that fits onto a tapered collar slid over the shaft with a castle nut tighten against it this then grips the tube, this is the same at both ends the tube is 3inch dia i dont think them bearings you posted would be man enoght, according to the plate on this one its a 1991 model this looks to of been its first bearing so they last well and tbh there a right bit of making in one id be buying a proper one i think

got one of them mix it ones were i work, i brought it for him from a farm sale for £160 have just done the big back bearing on it which is a double race roller bearing that fits onto a tapered collar slid over the shaft with a castle nut tighten against it this then grips the tube, this is the same at both ends the tube is 3inch dia i dont think them bearings you posted would be man enoght, according to the plate on this one its a 1991 model this looks to of been its first bearing so they last well and tbh there a right bit of making in one id be buying a proper one i think

piccys please:thumbup:

where would u find that?

imagine there would have to be some about alright when u think about it but not a big pile unless ur in the know
its a good idea, i hadnt thought of it, mogman is right.
its decent stuff.

its not too hard to find either iirc, any of the drilling men should have a few worn out lths of it id imagine.

would they be bent tho?
may not be.
iirc they do wear enough for them to not use them just.
but now, i might be wrong.
i seen a lump of them lying somewhere a while ago, but i cant rem where now.
they are about.
is there any well drilling crowds near you.

Taken from mix-it

Agricultural models use 75mm and 88.9mm cold drawn tubes as standard with lengths up to 8m/27ft. These cope well with the thin and thick ( 2 metre.) crusts encountered, and have enough flexibility to absorb the shock loads from weedy hard lumps, stray tyres, dead animals etc.

My uncle lost a Belgian blue calf,it turned up on the end of the lagoon stirrer.:crying:

Better off with the proper mix-it paddle if your making one,the eBay chap selling that is upto something,I bought some slats from him last year,different username wanted cash on a Sunday,I think he's selling out the back door.
its a small world hi.

Back