Maize

How much extra was the weigher?

I’m not being smart but I don’t actually know, we didn’t price without it. However, judging by the cost of the trailer I don’t think it was a fortune.

I haven’t used it yet but it looks to be good quality, made by Griffith Elders in England.

The whole thing was just an idea I had but apparently Smyth’s have done a few of them.

I was thinking of putting it on the car for speed traps.

He’ll be back again as there’s a removable catwalk to come which will be going on the side of the trailer for taking samples.

Sam be delighted. I left one behind me on the trailer at the machinery show two years ago and he got a new one thst evening and another man went with trailers to Dublin port that night and left the new one. I use to bring a sticky note after that and sick it on the Center of the steering wheel to remind me

I was thinking of putting it on the car for speed traps.

He’ll be back again as there’s a removable catwalk to come which will be going on the side of the trailer for taking samples.

How will that work Cork? Clip on over the top?

How will that work Cork? Clip on over the top?

There are couplings on the right hand side of the trailer that it attaches to. It’ll protrude a couple of feet and will run 2/3 of the length of the trailer. Hand rails etc. it’ll only be attached for the maize trials and left off for everything else.
I haven’t seen it yet. A small bucket on a pole is then used to get a sample of the maize as it enters the trailer from the harvester.

Just hadn't heard his name and potatoes together recently, used to hear someone say he's hauling from Tewkesbury or somewhere far away!!
He had some next to Mum & Dad's last year if I remember right.

Would there be any problem direct drilling wheat after maize that was treated with Calaris?
Maybe @Sheebadog has experience of it?
I know the label says not to but labels say lots of things

Last edited:
Would there be any problem direct drilling wheat after maize that was treated with Calaris?
Maybe @Sheebadog has experience of it?
I know the label says not to but labels say lots of things
Not sure it is the year to be trying it, a lot of herbicides only really started to breakdown a few weeks ago.

Not sure it is the year to be trying it, a lot of herbicides only really started to breakdown a few weeks ago.
It’s probably the only year to try it from a soil condition point of view, but I know what you’re saying though

Back