Marcos photos

Was unloading a pallet of meal today and the father backed straight into the weights on the 6820, cool as a breeze turned to me and said "I think you better get a weight block for the new tractor" all I could do was laugh:eek3::lol:
Reminds me of the time we got the 6820, father was backing it and a load of wheat around the water tank for the sprayer into a shed, he caught the water tank which is steel and moved it, it pushed a block wall beside it and it fell into the shed where the plough was and a welder and angle grinder and mains fencer on the wall, crushed the welder and grinder, made a beer mat out of the fencer and broke 3 boards off the plough. His comment was Christ there is some power in that yoke, would you believe I never knew I even touched the tank, The tractor didint even flinch..... Laughter turned into sledge hammer throwing shortly tho....

15336479820962101676017.jpg any time we try to make a start at the spring barley it seems to mist rain. Pain in the a hole

Well the way I see it is you can get the derv doctor kit for just over 2 sterling if she needs a turbo or has egr problems:Whistle2::tt1:

Get the egr turned off asap,your turbo will last longer because it won't soot up.

I've owned three 30 series deeres from new,I'd rate them as one of the best range of tractors ever made.:Thumbp2:

View attachment 57636 sowing covers after spring barley. Roughly 5 hours to sow 45acres. Where would you be going with a disk or plough?

pardon my ignorance, what is a cover crop, grass is it ?

is it your first time using a direct drill

was wondering how did this years yields sown with a direct drill compare to those sown with a plough, must also ask the question why did we not figure out that a DD could produce tillage crops years ago, must be 20% of the cost of ploughing and harrowing and then sowing.

I wonder could you spray off grass, forget about plough and use that to sow the new crop, no stones to be worrying about

pardon my ignorance, what is a cover crop, grass is it ?

is it your first time using a direct drill

was wondering how did this years yields sown with a direct drill compare to those sown with a plough, must also ask the question why did we not figure out that a DD could produce tillage crops years ago, must be 20% of the cost of ploughing and harrowing and then sowing.

I wonder could you spray off grass, forget about plough and use that to sow the new crop, no stones to be worrying about

The difference between Direct Drill now and years ago is you keep a living root in the ground all the time .
Years ago farmers harvested the crop went off on holidays and came back and stuck the drill in the ground and there was a high chance the crop would fail .

The difference between Direct Drill now and years ago is you keep a living root in the ground all the time .
Years ago farmers harvested the crop went off on holidays and came back and stuck the drill in the ground and there was a high chance the crop would fail .

OOOOOkkkk, didnt know that, so roots of the recently cut spring barley are still in the ground and alive and the cover crop is going in to keep a living root alive over the winter and Marco will sow Spring barley again in the same field next year

OOOOOkkkk, didnt know that, so roots of the recently cut spring barley are still in the ground and alive and the cover crop is going in to keep a living root alive over the winter and Marco will sow Spring barley again in the same field next year
I think it is as much about keeping the AMF Alive .
Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi are soilborne microorganisms that form a mutualistic symbiotic association with most land plants. As obligate biotrophs these fungi are unable to complete their life cycle in the absence of the host plant

Back