Massey 6180 dynashift problems

Dave 6180

Hi guys
Am looking for info on a problem with the dynashift changing on its own sometimes and when u press the clutch to activate the clutch switch the dyna resets itself like u do when u start it and go back into the dyna that is selected, and when ur doing pto work and suddenly the dyna jumps up to D i reckon the pto shuts off and when u press the clutch again it resets everything as does when u start the tractor, and off u go again until whenever it feels like doing it again, I’ve checked the two fuses in the front of tractor there fine and checked fuses in the cab and there fine and also took panel off under cab near step and checked wires there and looks fine too, so am just wondering is it the autoronic box under cab or a dodgy wire somewhere. Any info would be good thx

Earth wire maybe especially one joining cab to chasis. looks like a power problem. You need to check the supply cables going to the computer with a 55w bulb as a tester.

Talking to a man with a dynashift 3600 series only last week and he was getting bother with it as well and it was a simple problem with the box under the right hand side of the cab. He just unplugged the loom into it sprayed in that electrical contact stuff and put it back and away she went the finest. Maybe the 6100 are completely different though?.

Earth wire maybe especially one joining cab to chasis. looks like a power problem. You need to check the supply cables going to the computer with a 55w bulb as a tester.
Thx for the reply, well I had a look at that earth wire joining cab to chassis on the autoronic box looks ok, and I also brought a new earth wire from the chasis to the autoronic box mounting bolts one of them as well Incase it was the earth but no good still the same problem, but just wondering would there be earths from the cab going inside the autronic box too ? When u say check the supply cables to the box u mean the red and yellow wires from the battery’s I think they would be ? I just checked those wires if there the ones just with a normal bulb tester looks ok I have power but someone told me use a multimeter on them and checks the volts on them

Talking to a man with a dynashift 3600 series only last week and he was getting bother with it as well and it was a simple problem with the box under the right hand side of the cab. He just unplugged the loom into it sprayed in that electrical contact stuff and put it back and away she went the finest. Maybe the 6100 are completely different though?.
Thx for the reply, well we have a 3000 series too well they might not be too different I did the same as what u said already at the start of looking for the problem no good either, sounds like the power problem by the first reply or the box itself is in trouble

It's the cab to chassis earth yes adding that wire would bypass. The direct earths I think are context ed to cab.I would use a bulb tester on those wires at the autotronic unit and a multimeter to confirm the voltage is staying up at 12 or above. Also check alternator supply.

Hi guys
Am looking for info on a problem with the dynashift changing on its own sometimes and when u press the clutch to activate the clutch switch the dyna resets itself like u do when u start it and go back into the dyna that is selected, and when ur doing pto work and suddenly the dyna jumps up to D i reckon the pto shuts off and when u press the clutch again it resets everything as does when u start the tractor, and off u go again until whenever it feels like doing it again, I’ve checked the two fuses in the front of tractor there fine and checked fuses in the cab and there fine and also took panel off under cab near step and checked wires there and looks fine too, so am just wondering is it the autoronic box under cab or a dodgy wire somewhere. Any info would be good thx
Hay Dave I was wondering if you can help. I've got a 6170 playing up the same as your 6180, what was the problem with your 80? A reply would be very welcome

Back