Massey 7715

fltstan

Anyone any experience with these
Dyna 6 50k
Looked at one last week as the nh 6-145 shit herself after 2 yrs

Transmission failure along with brakes and oil pump- 3004 hrs and they won’t cover with warranty

Brakes are like chocolate on them if abused pulling badly brakes trailers etc, basically a service item if you feel their starting to go our you end up with your situation....

Ive a 7715 it's the dyna 4 40k box so not exactly the same tractor you're looking at. However it's working fine no issues at all, it'll be 2 years old in September. I did price a 7715 dyna 6 50k at the time I was buying and I could get a 7718 50k for the same money and a 7716 50k was 2k euro more again:scratchhead:. The dyna 4 40k was a lot less.

Ive a 7715 it's the dyna 4 40k box so not exactly the same tractor you're looking at. However it's working fine no issues at all, it'll be 2 years old in September. I did price a 7715 dyna 6 50k at the time I was buying and I could get a 7718 50k for the same money and a 7716 50k was 2k euro more again:scratchhead:. The dyna 4 40k was a lot less.
What’s the diff between dyna 6 and 4

Yeah a 7718 oddly seems to be the same price as a 7716. That's what I found earlier this year.
The 18 seems to be the seller, there must be more dealer discounts on them?

Isn't there something odd with the NH trailer brakes that they don't come on for a second or so after you press the pedal?
The problem with them is that you have a long travel on the pedals before the trailer brake engages. Lads are pressing the brakes and not pressing them far enough to fully engage the trailer brake. If you adjust the travel on the pedals it improves it. The trailer brake valve itself is a sealed unit and can not be adjusted as it is a safety device. The original posters problem of brakes failing will have to be investigated to determine the cause. Very rare for it to be a fault with the tractor nearly always a trailed or other trailer implement with poor or no brakes.

The problem with them is that you have a long travel on the pedals before the trailer brake engages. Lads are pressing the brakes and not pressing them far enough to fully engage the trailer brake. If you adjust the travel on the pedals it improves it. The trailer brake valve itself is a sealed unit and can not be adjusted as it is a safety device. The original posters problem of brakes failing will have to be investigated to determine the cause. Very rare for it to be a fault with the tractor nearly always a trailed or other trailer implement with poor or no brakes.
It's a poor design, any other tractor I've driven the trailer brakes are activated at the slightest touch of the brakes, gives them time to come on. Even going back to 600 Massey's.

There was a long thread on tff about this and lads running into problems with nhs and cases when they didn't have any problems with the same trailed gear on other makes.

Very bad setup for the trailer brakes on the new Holland's. Slightest dab of the brakes and then press them again and they're grand but not great in an emergency or for trying to explain to other drivers.

It's a poor design, any other tractor I've driven the trailer brakes are activated at the slightest touch of the brakes, gives them time to come on. Even going back to 600 Massey's.

It is a poor design but once adjusted it does make a difference to the way it activates. The theory behind it is that it was supposed to ramp up the pressure the further the brake pedal was pressed but unfortunately it didn’t really have the desired effect.

It is a poor design but once adjusted it does make a difference to the way it activates. The theory behind it is that it was supposed to ramp up the pressure the further the brake pedal was pressed but unfortunately it didn’t really have the desired effect.
Ya the problem is that modern tractors will be stopped before the trailer helps any. Would avoid the black marks on the road tho:lol:

Back