Massey Ferguson

I couldn’t tell you how to turn on the brake to clutch mode on the ones here so long since we used it . Never liked it no way smooth enough for loader work .
I can't bale without using the brake to clutch mode, find it very handy, swing the seat around and use my left foot on the brake pedal when I'm netting, never touch the clutch pedal.

Well finally bit the bullet afer a good few questions on here and looked at a lot of tractors, She's 04, one of the very last of the 4355's. Only 1800 hrs on it. On the original back tyres but got new front ones on it. Not a big tractor but will do all our work with ease. Thanks for the advice folks!

Attachments

• IMG_20190927_165353.jpg
    IMG_20190927_165353.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 134
Well finally bit the bullet afer a good few questions on here and looked at a lot of tractors, She's 04, one of the very last of the 4355's. Only 1800 hrs on it. On the original back tyres but got new front ones on it. Not a big tractor but will do all our work with ease. Thanks for the advice folks!

Well may you wear. Looks a beauty.

left screen?
No setting to change there aggressive to the best of my knowledge.
I can't bale without using the brake to clutch mode, find it very handy, swing the seat around and use my left foot on the brake pedal when I'm netting, never touch the clutch pedal.
Used it the odd time but much prefer to knock out of gear with the shuttle and left foot for braking.

She looks well, nice to ave a little sister for ur 4270. Well wear.

Well may it wear.
:Thumbp2:

Best of luck

Why or how would one need new front tyres on a tractor with original rears and 1800 hrs. Does it really happen that someone puts 1800 hrs on a tractor that’s 15 years old? Am I just a doubting thomas?

Well wear lad . Your 4270 is in fair good nick

Why or how would one need new front tyres on a tractor with original rears and 1800 hrs. Does it really happen that someone puts 1800 hrs on a tractor that’s 15 years old? Am I just a doubting thomas?

Original tyres were on the tractor when I saw it first, was a bulge in one tyre so as part of the deal got new front ones on it! Know the 4200/4300 series inside out here, done up the 4270 in the pics in 2012. My brother had a thread on it here. I've looked at a lot of 4300 tractors the last year with so called low hours but on closer Inspection they are not genuine, this is, it's as tight as a new tractor also the the tyres had the date stamped on them from the year they were made which was 11/03. I doubted the hrs myself till I saw and drove the tractor!

Jd I drive a good bit is almost through its second set of fronts at around 3600 hours. It spends nearly all its time on concrete and tar and screwing around with weight on the front so it eats them off, it’s also a f*cker for staying in 4wd after breaking which really doesn’t help.
I know the tractor for 6/7 years and other than that I’d find it hard to believe the wear on the tires, it did knacker a set of ball joints too which I think finished off the first set, although that may be to do with previous drivers seeing as they some how managed to bend a seriously heavy pallet fork frame :scratchhead::scratchhead:
The originals were contis and think it’s a set of Taurus on it now

That's a serious tidy tractor, well wear indeed :Thumbp2:

The previous owner must of loved that tractor, he or she seemed to have spent many hours in it without it being turned on to clock hours.

Do you think someone has swapped seats?

The rest of the tractor looks low houred :confused3:

Id say the hours are genuine. Some lads are as awkward as a bullock getting on and off tractors and rub quiet hard against the seat front with their legs. Some of Massey's seats wouldn't have been the hardest wearing materials either.

Do you think someone has swapped seats?

The rest of the tractor looks low houred :confused3:
A few things don't sit well with me about that tractor and it's hours, but I could be just adding 2 & 2 and getting 22.
The rims were painted, not original tyres, drop arms on the lift are newer looking than the lift arms, the most used set of SCVs have been replaced. I would like to look at the wear on the pedals that is one of the easiest ways to get a idea of the hours.
May just be my sceptical nature but it doesn't shout low hours to me.

Same here I,d like to see the pedals , the wear on the arms of the seat look out of sync with the hrs.

A few things don't sit well with me about that tractor and it's hours, but I could be just adding 2 & 2 and getting 22.
The rims were painted, not original tyres, drop arms on the lift are newer looking than the lift arms, the most used set of SCVs have been replaced. I would like to look at the wear on the pedals that is one of the easiest ways to get a idea of the hours.

I concur with a lot of what you say there @gone . I have a 4365 here with over 5 years, approaching 2000 hours now (genuine). Original goodyear's still on it, probably 30% front 50/60% rear. Original drop arms same as new. Spool valves original, couple of marks on a side panel and some rust now coming on front grill. I've been meaning to get them bits sorted but i don't like anything that's repainted!

I’ve had all the spools changed on my fendt,some have been replaced twice in under 3000hrs,shite spools!

Cab steps haven’t much wear,one pic you can see the foot throttle with little wear,drop arms defo new.

It’s good to be sceptical,saves you getting shafted.

Back