Matbro 40 D teleram

Stock

Hi all helping on a project with a friend, in the middle of an engine change, the replacement engine came from a compressor and now we find that the power steering pump has a straight cut gear but the replacement engine has angular teeth so we either need a gear or a new pump. It is a Sunstrand hydratec pump C8 2L 26636. The replacement engine is a Ford 2711E 4.1liter
build number 115/111/460/100
Any help would be appreciated............................................................

Hi all helping on a project with a friend, in the middle of an engine change, the replacement engine came from a compressor and now we find that the power steering pump has a straight cut gear but the replacement engine has angular teeth so we either need a gear or a new pump. It is a Sunstrand hydratec pump C8 2L 26636. The replacement engine is a Ford 2711E 4.1liter
Any help would be appreciated............................................................
An engine from a new Holland combine would be a similar model, also a ford cargo lorry might have what you're after. Not sure if the combine version has a gear in the timing cover where the pump should be but a call to the combine breaker should tell you.

An engine from a new Holland combine would be a similar model, also a ford cargo lorry might have what you're after. Not sure if the combine version has a gear in the timing cover where the pump should be but a call to the combine breaker should tell you.

Might not be easy to find a combine with that engine now, only models it was fitted to were the NH 1520 and M122.:undecided:

Well we have the engine in an all is well, the pump we thought was for the power steering turned out to be for the pick up hitch and had its own spool valve etc to operate it completely independent of the main system. We were unable to locate a gear to match the engine so we have removed the pump, hitch & spool from the machine.

I know I posted this question in another thread regarding the slave cylinders for the brakes, some one mentioned that a mini clutch slave cylinder was a replacement something like a gsy110 . After extensive research I found that it is a slave cylinder from the clutch of an MGB or Austin Healy Sprite . The slave unit needed to be 1" internally but the mini ones were only 7/8". We sourced them from Rimmer Brothers
https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID019988 item (#143,144)
Slave%20cylinders%20AA_zpszjujsquh.jpg

The only fly in the ointment was that the new units had the bleed screws where we needed to put the brake pipe in and the (1,1a) and the fluid pipe (2,2a) where bleed screw was on the new unit, this caused an issue as the bleed screw was smaller, so I had to order 4 new larger bleed screws of a size 7/16unf where the bleed that came with the units are 1/4 unf. So tomorrow I need to find some new pipe nuts of 1/4unf so as I can fit the units, all I can hope for now is that the master cylinder holds up...............

Back