maxammon or caustic soda which is better?

Caustic is allot of work but great product if your trying to pack in as much energy/starch into the diet, but there is allot of messing making it and caustic is gone dear, was getting away with 22kgs per ton I think when I was at it.

Maximum is bloody dear for what it is, but allot of guys swear by it, think if I was doing it I would be changing just urea treatment

Thanks for your post, I think maxammon would be better here as you can't feed caustic soda treated grain ad lib

Thanks for your post, I think maxammon would be better here as you can't feed caustic soda treated grain ad lib

can't see any reason why you can't feed ad-lib caustic wheat, but I have never done it, always only needed 3 or 4 kilos in the TMR, but caustic would be some about of messing if you had to be making batches to fed 12 or 14kilos dm a day. I would usually be using the benefits of caustic to control an already spicy diet.

Lots swear by maximum but as I said I havnt used it, and for the extra cost that I'm told of €30 a ton I won't be using it anytime soon. Does this include the rolling cost?

how about mixing the whole wheat with urea and dumping into a pit, cost of treatment would be tiny so you could take a high amount of grains passing through if that was the case?

Lots swear by maximum but as I said I havnt used it, and for the extra cost that I'm told of €30 a ton I won't be using it anytime soon. Does this include the rolling cost?

No if doesn't. Call it €50 spent between coming off the combine and feeding. Crazy money but we do a bit on an out farm with cattle sheds, more for convenience than anything else. We don't use a diet feeder and it's very easy to handle in comparison to wet crimp.

If we ever did go TMR, I'd be back to wet crimp in a shot.

What's the starch level of maxxamon?

Caustic is somewhere round 60,I'm looking at a cheaper alternative to ground maize.

Possibly,I'm currently using biscuit meal at £152/t on contract,forward buying contracts at £212/t so I'm looking at all alternatives,ground maize is £206/t.
whats price is bread, was given a price of €1100 a ton for caustic soda last week. could it possibly be that price?

I was treating wheat at 22kgs per ton of caustic successfully. grand when it was costing a €10 a ton per ton of treated feed

whats price is bread, was given a price of €1100 a ton for caustic soda last week. could it possibly be that price?

Never priced bread purely because of volume needed.

Was talking with a chap in the spring and he said caustic had gone daft in price,he was using liquid caustic I didn't know it was available.

Never priced bread purely because of volume needed.

Was talking with a chap in the spring and he said caustic had gone daft in price,he was using liquid caustic I didn't know it was available.

as in your not able to handle 30t loads, very stable product for pitting

Back