Mcconnel twin rotor head

irish eddie

Anyone in south east with one of these machines gettin itchy again and thinkin trading my 6500 t , looking to see one working and what kinda rates are they charging

Had a run with the demo machine last spring, first impression was it's not for ground runs and would leave things very scruffy around trees and poles, didn't look very durable as it was built to keep weight down. knowing McConnell it will cost an arm and a leg, maybe it would suit your work load but it's not for me.

i know nothing about the twin head.
but i do know that if you buy one out of the south, it ill cost an arm and a leg before you add anything onto it.
if i was you, id be pricing the crowd that sells them in the moy.
6000 reasons the time we did 2 yrs ago.

Didn't see one working but not sure if they be a great thing to have. Your running two rotors even when not needed. When breasting or doing grass verges one run with a single rotor is enough I think so it's no benifit there. Topping it will be a benifit alright but it's a big head and could be awkward around trees and poles and god knows there is plenty of them in Irish hedge rows. I couldn't see it paying for itself over a single rotor

i know nothing about the twin head.
but i do know that if you buy one out of the south, it ill cost an arm and a leg before you add anything onto it.
if i was you, id be pricing the crowd that sells them in the moy.
6000 reasons the time we did 2 yrs ago.

Sure you don't mean the crowd in Benburb???

Didn't see one working but not sure if they be a great thing to have. Your running two rotors even when not needed. When breasting or doing grass verges one run with a single rotor is enough I think so it's no benifit there. Topping it will be a benifit alright but it's a big head and could be awkward around trees and poles and god knows there is plenty of them in Irish hedge rows. I couldn't see it paying for itself over a single rotor
Had a play with a demo one two springs ago and agree with most of what you say but believe it or not the big head made working around poles easier because it cuts right up to the front of the head compared to a normal one with the hood in the way. However because the front rotor is cutting downwards and running an inch higher than the rear I'd imagine it might leave the bits round poles and trees a bit tatty looking when it's leafy and soft in the autumn.
Only way I think running one would work is by pricing jobs and running a second machine alongside with a normal head for breasting and grass cutting

lad in milltownpass co Westmeath with one. very happy with it seemingly.

With a twinhead , id be up and down by there a good bit and I never seen one. A lad there has 2 big mcconnells , i think one is a 7700, another near there with about 10 of them , does a lot of railway work.

Anyone in south east with one of these machines gettin itchy again and thinkin trading my 6500 t , looking to see one working and what kinda rates are they charging

That you I seen today trimming for kinsellas. I passed with the mowers. Didn't know who it was till I passed and seen your name on the tractor so guessing it's you or else someone else has similar outfit and also called Eddie. Some nice tastey work done

That you I seen today trimming for kinsellas. I passed with the mowers. Didn't know who it was till I passed and seen your name on the tractor so guessing it's you or else someone else has similar outfit and also called Eddie. Some nice tastey work done

Yea was me did around de Germans today

Yea that road does be busy in the morning and evening with all them on it. Can take a long time to get out from fenagh to the cocks in the morning if you have something wide. Constantly stopping

Rang that man today very sound bloke he lives beside my uncle headin up Sunday for a drive of it , he swears by it but tractor does drink more fuel
Yeah meet him when that head was being demoed, very nice man. Get some photos of the job it does with one run if you can.
Well it's only natural it's going to drink more fuel really but should work out cheaper in the long run

Rang that man today very sound bloke he lives beside my uncle headin up Sunday for a drive of it , he swears by it but tractor does drink more fuel

How much extra do you think you would have to charge an hour to pay for itself? Did he say what rate he is at? Be an interesting one to see working

I doubt it drinks that much more fuel. Im sure the machine has upwards of 25-30% more output and id doubt the fuel consumption went up that much. Also the hours on his tractor will be less at the end of the year so this too will leave the tractor more valuable and also maybe one service less a year. All worth a few €€€€€€€€€€

I doubt it drinks that much more fuel. Im sure the machine has upwards of 25-30% more output and id doubt the fuel consumption went up that much. Also the hours on his tractor will be less at the end of the year so this too will leave the tractor more valuable and also maybe one service less a year. All worth a few €€€€€€€€€€

A 1.5 metre head has theoretically 25% more output than a 1.2metre, a lot of the time it saves a full pass on siding work where 1 pass will do instead of 2 .

Back