Meat Factory consolidation

Perhaps but in that case I would argue they should look inside their own gates for greater utting measures instead of handing it down to the farmer all the time. Also do the annual returns allow for the thousands of cattle they have in feed lots?. It's very easy tie up an additional few grand in cattle and lower tax liabilities as well as a much lower bank account.
Factories I go too are all super efficient, all slaughter house staff are on piece meal rate. Its the bloody regulation that has added serious costs.

factories biggest fault from a farmers POV is they are poor sellers of our product

There are at least 3 too many department staff where I go as they do sfa, and are there on non kill days. we are the ones paying. My buyer one day said to me that 3 years previous there was one person in a lab down the corridor, nowadays there are 6, the number of cattle the factory are processing are the same.

Last edited:
Perhaps but in that case I would argue they should look inside their own gates for greater efficiency and cost cutting measures instead of handing it down to the farmer all the time. Also do the annual returns allow for the thousands of cattle they have in feed lots?. It's very easy tie up an additional few grand in cattle and lower tax liabilities as well as a much lower bank account.

I'd agree with Ozzy that it should be more about adding value to their product, it's a terrible cliche but for starters we are far too dependent on a single market (UK ).

Most if not all run the feedlots as a separate business so nothing to do with the factory and not included in this annual accounts as a result.

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news...g-in-irelands-largest-organic-beef-processor/ ., Toothless competition Authority or whatever they are called nowadays, It's blindingly obvious that man has too much hold on the market.

"In a statement, the CPCC said: “The commission has formed the view that the proposed transaction will not substantially lessen competition in any market for goods or services in the state.”
Are they for real? Even some youngster from inner city Dublin knows better.

Back