Michelin differences

diesel power

I'm looking at getting new rubber on the valtra and I was wondering what the different models I suppose you'd call it Of Michelin are like?. Tractor currently has xm108 Tyres which are brilliant. I was looking at a set it multibib Tyres but I've been told there prone to cracking on the inside?. Anyone have any opinion or experience on this?. Tia.

I'm looking at getting new rubber on the valtra and I was wondering what the different models I suppose you'd call it Of Michelin are like?. Tractor currently has xm108 Tyres which are brilliant. I was looking at a set it multibib Tyres but I've been told there prone to cracking on the inside?. Anyone have any opinion or experience on this?. Tia.

had a good few sets of xm108s myself john,and like yourself,found them a great tyre, but I can be corrected on this but I don't think their being made now, not sure whats the replacements,but will have to soon find out as will have to buy a set in the spring or mid summer next year.

Have Multibib 600/65R38 and they a great tyre. Really hard wearing but don't run at really low pressures, about 1.0bar usually. Pumped up for heavy roadwork. On an 07 N and probably 50% left.

Nothing will beat an XM108 Michelin for grip, but they're not being made for the past 5 or 6 years. When I was looking for low profile tyres for the 110-90 I couldn't get them, I would have even bought second hand ones if I could have found a decent set.

I went for Multibibs instead and have no complaints so far, they grip well and don't tear the ground when doing sharp turns which other new tyres would do.

I'm told that Kleber are using the old molds for the XM108s?
I know a local man replaced a set of 480/65 R24 and 540/65 R38 Michelins with the Klebers last year and he is happy so far with them.

He also recently replaced a set of Agrimax (which he said he'll never ever have again) with a set of Michelin Multibibs on a TM165, I think they're 480s and 580s. Also think there wasn't much change out of £5,000.

Cheers fellas, I just wasn't sure about the multibibs. Might chance then, Anyone got a spare few grand laying about? Haha.

well unless i need low ground compaction and i dont think i will bkt all the way id have two sets for the price of one set of multibibs and michelins have gone very soft.

two multibibs on the front of loader tactor were similar to lorry wheels when they came of at 5500hrs. had done serious work

well unless i need low ground compaction and i dont think i will bkt all the way id have two sets for the price of one set of multibibs and michelins have gone very soft.

Have a tractor on BKT's and while they're alright I wouldn't find them wonderful. Seem to cut into the land a bit to easy and rip up sods if conditions are sticky while the Michelins float along. If the tractor in question didn't spend 90% of it's time on the land I probably would go with a cheap tyre.

Seem to recall Michelin introduced MultiBibs in September 2006 to replace the xm108.

Speaking to the tyre man at home the other week and he said nearly no tyre is perfect but Michelin best of bunch.

Speaking to the tyre man at home the other week and he said nearly no tyre is perfect but Michelin best of bunch.

very true,iv had klebers here and they cracked at 40% remaining and had to replace ,did so with two contis with 95% grip and every one said I was mad,but iv got near 3500 hours on them since and still 40-50% grip and no trouble,
have another neading tyres next year and ill get it hard to pass the Michelin,regardless of cost.

Back