milk prices

big jims job is to buy his inputs as cheap as he can that includes milk, our farmer board members job is to get the best milk price for the suppliers , 100k a year to deliver the worst price in the country
He is CEO of a coop 60% owned by farmers so no it’s his job to do his best for farmers.

big jims job is to buy his inputs as cheap as he can that includes milk, our farmer board members job is to get the best milk price for the suppliers , 100k a year to deliver the worst price in the country

That 100k though is only to The Chairman, ordinary board members are on 35k I thought (although they did get a rise this year).

For a so called coop the figures make no sense.

That 100k though is only to The Chairman, ordinary board members are on 35k I thought (although they did get a rise this year).

Afaik they are on around 70k, compare this to other creameries board members who are on expenses only.

Why are milk prices in the IFJ quoted ex vat, would 80% of dairy farmer be, not registered for VAT. Strange when its a incl VAT beef price they quote
Milk prices are very hard to follow , they seem to do their best to confuse the farmer, Glanbia on 29cpl base and 2 cent top up inc vat

Milk prices are very hard to follow , they seem to do their best to confuse the farmer, Glanbia on 29cpl base and 2 cent top up inc vat

Agreed, only way I can put my head around it, I got paid 34.5c/l for April milk, and of that only 27.5c/l came from the Glanbia coffers, the other 7c was a mix of vat, topups (of our own money?), and higher solids.

board members were on 85k and they gave themselves a rise of 15 k a few months ago, if they aren,t on the plc board they got 7.5k of a rise

Agreed, only way I can put my head around it, I got paid 34.5c/l for April milk, and of that only 27.5c/l came from the Glanbia coffers, the other 7c was a mix of vat, topups (of our own money?), and higher solids.
thats correct, whats worse is that glanbia are buying milk 2 to 3 cent below every other processor and then will go to the supermarkets and other buyers and can undercut the other co ops

Was reading some Glanbia thing there from the fodder crisis and it says the 50 euro refund on feed purchased would be paid in MAY , anyone hear anything more on that?

Was reading some Glanbia thing there from the fodder crisis and it says the 50 euro refund on feed purchased would be paid in MAY , anyone hear anything more on that?
I bought 6 bags of calf feed!!! I presume it will be credited to your account on the last day of May so you will see it on your statement next month or on Glanbia connect

Any kerry suppliers get the online text re fixing milk price at 33cl inc vat? Whats yer opinion?

Forward Price Scheme launches Online next Tuesday 12 June at 3pm. Indicative price 33cpl (July-Oct 2018 & Mar-June 2019) @ 3.30 Prot/3.60 Bfat incl VAT

Any kerry suppliers get the online text re fixing milk price at 33cl inc vat? Whats yer opinion?

Forward Price Scheme launches Online next Tuesday 12 June at 3pm. Indicative price 33cpl (July-Oct 2018 & Mar-June 2019) @ 3.30 Prot/3.60 Bfat incl VAT
I think that's the price that Aurivo offered for fixed about a year ago .
Dosent sound too bad if you had high borrowings .

Back