Milk solids

Anyone see the milk price league, Glanbia on top. Dont understand why they included the 1cpl bonus , the table is for August milk price not to included bonuses from other months of the year imo
our campaign to make them pay the best price in the country has worked :clap:, just ring up your local board member and praise him and glanbia for delivering the top price and wait for the money to roll in, they need to be loved :tt1::tt1:

the wexford man has always been pro paying a good milk price,that was part of his problem back along re" board issues"
ah right, i,d been told by an ifa man he fought the farmers corner alright but i found in information meetings he always towed the glanbia line , its very hard to know what a lad is like in a boardroom setting from the outside i suppose. i do find henry corbally more approachable than herlhy who i found arrogant and bullying in meetings

How are lads with solids. Up and down here with the weather and grass being very variable. They're doing about 22 litres, all heifers. The latest results are 3.71 P and 4.04 F. Think that is 1.8kg MS. Fats have gone back over 4 with better grass and protein was down under 3.3 when they were in full time.

How are lads with solids. Up and down here with the weather and grass being very variable. They're doing about 22 litres, all heifers. The latest results are 3.71 P and 4.04 F. Think that is 1.8kg MS. Fats have gone back over 4 with better grass and protein was down under 3.3 when they were in full time.
That's serious protein, are the cross bred cows? 3.44 P and 4.1F, must check volume as milk is being collected tonight

That's serious protein, are the cross bred cows? 3.44 P and 4.1F, must check volume as milk is being collected tonight
Don't really have anything to compare it to tbh so don't know if its good or bad. There's no cross breds, all good HF. Their mothers in herds they came from are milking 28-30 litres and 2kgs solids. The average calving date is 1st Feb here so we are past peak.
I don't think they ever really peaked properly so my theory is the protein is high with less litres than what they should be at. They were really starting to motor the week before the snow at grass. They recovered again but were in day and night for most of March. Just couldn't get enough silage and meal into them. They were on 6kg right through till last week and back to 3.5 now, no setback in yield with more grass being eaten.

Don't really have anything to compare it to tbh so don't know if its good or bad. There's no cross breds, all good HF. Their mothers in herds they came from are milking 28-30 litres and 2kgs solids. The average calving date is 1st Feb here so we are past peak.
I don't think they ever really peaked properly so my theory is the protein is high with less litres than what they should be at. They were really starting to motor the week before the snow at grass. They recovered again but were in day and night for most of March. Just couldn't get enough silage and meal into them. They were on 6kg right through till last week and back to 3.5 now, no setback in yield with more grass being eaten.
What was the total kgs of solids produced form their mothers in the herd you purchased from. That is super protein for HF cows in fairness to you considering the amount of silage they have eaten.

What was the total kgs of solids produced form their mothers in the herd you purchased from. That is super protein for HF cows in fairness to you considering the amount of silage they have eaten.
460 and 480 spring calving. High EBI apparently. I just look at the mothers when looking at maidens. :tt1:

That's great going to be fair!
Cows out here since Thursday by day and Sunday by night ground very wet
32.7 litre
8 kg of 18% protein nut
3.85%fat
2.95%protein
Scc 99
TBC 18

That's great going to be fair!
Cows out here since Thursday by day and Sunday by night ground very wet
32.7 litre
8 kg of 18% protein nut
3.85%fat
2.95%protein
Scc 99
TBC 18

Serious litres, 2.31 kg MS if my sums are right. Would you expect protein to improve once things settle a bit. The temperature fluctuations at the weekend did no good. Even had a case of ketosis and pneumonia on Monday morning. Just can't get the routine that the cows and man! need.

Out full time= Protein 3.52 bfat 4.64 averaging just about 20l a day-- quarter of herd are jersey while the rest are hf all heifers.. getting 2kg a day of dairy nut rest is all grass

When do you start calving? And why so early?

When do you start calving? And why so early?
First calf 15th Jan. Aim to have the majority calved by the end of Feb. We're on a good dry farm and normally would have cows out most of Feb. Wanted to get the heifers calved early to give them every chance. There's enough going on in March with tillage, fertiliser, slurry and closing silage ground without calving cows. Aiming to dry them off the first week of November.

Fair points, I'm almost looking at the opposite, move calving back to mid Feb, because the back ends have been alot better than springs here last few yrs. Only thing was getting 40% grazed in feb was definately a good idea this year given how bad March was, and I'd never achieve that if I go forward. Sticking to 1st may msd this year, but would expect a higher 6wk calving rate as less difficult calvings etc this spring, will see how next spring goes.

Fat 4.09
Prot 3.30
Scc. 52
27 liters
8 kgs 16% nut
Cows back in by night after Thursday nights deluge,ground in pure shite and even though we were only at grass full time for ten days things are starting to get very tight with about five days left till starting the second round with tiny covers.
Talking to a neighbor yesterday his rotation in down to seven days:woot:

Stayed steady slight increase but notting to be getting excited about wasn't strong butty grass it was fit for grazing just cows make sure mess of the field if I let them on it. Hopefully if it stays dry be back out sat or sun
We did a bit of zeroG too, similar situation to you and like you saw no dip or rise really. It's a handy yoke to have tho.

We did a bit of zeroG too, similar situation to you and like you saw no dip or rise really. It's a handy yoke to have tho.
It sure is a handy yoke to have so handy I'm half tempted to get one and use it for early in the grazing season untill ground is good enough to get cows out on. We would have been lost this week without ot

Back