Min Till

Would he have been dabbling with direct drilling just before he left? Is there another manager in there or is it contract farmed?

No he wasn't I don't think it was top down and vaddy drill.
No it's rented out now.
Stone was his surname I think it's on the tip of my tongue but can't be sure,

Yes but on the iPad they are the wrong size and I have yet to figure how to change them so. They will only load one by one,

On my phone i set the camera size to something like .3mp size so once theyre taken they will upload straight to forums without resizing

just got to remember if you want a more quality picture to up the mp size:thumbup:

a few randoms to show

Attachments

• 20130409_150359.jpg
    20130409_150359.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 20130306_145840.jpg
    20130306_145840.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 20130302_153035.jpg
    20130302_153035.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 78
No he wasn't I don't think it was top down and vaddy drill.
No it's rented out now.
Stone was his surname I think it's on the tip of my tongue but can't be sure,

Ralph Stone used to be contractors from Carnew. Think he go a Bertini direct drill as a next step from the Vaderstad set up

Correct that's him.
I don't know if he did or not now.
He had a 4 m top down but only had enough power to pull it at 4 inches and created a pan after a few years and had a lot of compaction and fallow land

Ya I put up a few other videos they are hard too look at ha.dont think I'd have the time to bring a tri pod around.

Just a photo from a demo I had today have a few videos il try upload later.the brother took them they are brutal but il throw them up anyway.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 79
Here's the link to the video not great but u get the jist.
Where he stops was where we had being drawing clay across all year so was pretty tough.
http://youtu.be/aQcTETot310

Thanks for the invitation John, very interesting afternoon! Back in Cork now looking at our barley crops which look miserable compared to those in Wexford!

Very impressed how that outfit handled some very tough uphill conditions.

:lol:Cork I have another video but u won't like it.its from the rear and your hair Is getting scarce in it.:lol::lol::tt2:
An awful glare on it.:sweatdrop:

:lol:Cork I have another video but u won't like it.its from the rear and your hair Is getting scarce in it.:lol::lol::tt2:
An awful glare on it.:sweatdrop:

Best to delete that one Johnny! Grass doesn't grow on a busy road...

Its not for the want of fertilizer, that's for sure.....!!

A run in with ring worm as a toddler didn't help either....!

Was that Breen on the Deere?

Amazing the tines were not breaking back a bit more on the springs on the hard patch

Was that Breen on the Deere?

Amazing the tines were not breaking back a bit more on the springs on the hard patch
That was because it was a John Deere pulling it . I think the tines on the old Horsch broke back at 350KG and on the newer model at 500KG and on the Horsch with the Hydraulic Brake back at 750KG .
I find if you are tilling shallow it is more important to not break back because the machine would tend to come out of the ground . If you are going deep and they spring back a bit you might end up going at 8 inches instead of 9 .
I think the Karat breaks back at 500KG .
I stand to be corrected on all those figures .

Minimat drill, didn't think there would be too many around now.

That will be giving Cork ideas now to put on top of his press! :laugh:

Minimat drill, didn't think there would be too many around now.

That will be giving Cork ideas now to put on top of his press! :laugh:

I’ve seen these before. To be fair, I can think of worse ways of sowing a crop in terms of time employed on kind land. Sowing headlands could be fun though...!

Back