mobile broadband botch jobs

It's off an iPhone 4S according to speedtest...

Must get a 4g phone someday, the old s2 is starting to show it's age, suppose after 3.5 years, not bad going all the same.

You see, at first I felt a bit dumb, for not reading the speedtest results fully.

But then I thought some more. And [MENTION=298]Ó hÉidin[/MENTION] could well be testing the 4g signal through his wifi, or through the phone.

But then I got to thinking some more (as I type in fact) Does the 4s support 4g?

You see, at first I felt a bit dumb, for not reading the speedtest results fully.

But then I thought some more. And [MENTION=298]Ó hÉidin[/MENTION] could well be testing the 4g signal through his wifi, or through the phone.

But then I got to thinking some more (as I type in fact) Does the 4s support 4g?

Hard to know isn't it, it seems that it might be close to 4g from this article...

http://ipod.about.com/od/understandingiphonemodels/f/Is-The-Iphone-4g-4g.htm

The 4s doesnt support 4g. That was in a friends house who uses it through a router near greystones in wicklow.

The b683 doesnt support 4g, but i dont see it as a problem, i can stream in hd from sky, itunes and netflix. Can use xbox live and for general browsing i have plenty of speed, more would be nice but not really necessary, i'm in a 2 year contract at 60gb a month, no 4g at home anyway, when the contract is up, 4G may be available and i'll get a new router as part of the upgrade.

Right just been reading this thread and thinking of the future. Are dongles with external antenna be better than satellite broadband?

In my experience, [MENTION=790]Profi Farmer[/MENTION] anyone around me who has satellite cannot touch my set up for speed, I've installed broadband speedtest app on my phone and check others regularly as a matter of interest.

For what my set up cost, I'm very happy, only issue being between the hours of 5 and 9, when everyone is using it, ping times go up and download speeds go down.

Well it looks like I might need a new router.

The good people of vodafone seem to be throttling the 3g connection.

I was seeing 8-12 for a good while but it's peaking at 2 nowadays.

The 4g on my phone off the same mast is giving 20-30 an much lower latency.

I'd say they're trying to push people onto 4g plans.

So I think it's time to find a 4g router

imo since 4g was released everything else on the vodafone network has gone to pot altogether.

Just Upgraded from my current package of 60GB (3G) at €39.99 a month to the new 250GB (4G) for €69.99 - and got an upgraded 4G router free of charge.

due to be delivered tomorrow/Monday will post some updates when i get it up and running, i'm trying to not hope for huge improvements to prevent me being disappointed, but any improvement on current performance will be a great bonus.

Just Upgraded from my current package of 60GB (3G) at €39.99 a month to the new 250GB (4G) for €69.99 - and got an upgraded 4G router free of charge.

due to be delivered tomorrow/Monday will post some updates when i get it up and running, i'm trying to not hope for huge improvements to prevent me being disappointed, but any improvement on current performance will be a great bonus.
Are you in a 4g area? Be interested to hear how you get on.

Are you in a 4g area? Be interested to hear how you get on.

yes, apparently so, cousin has an iphone 6 on 4G, he gets better coverage than i do on vodafone 4G around here, which is a good indicator

the new router has an SMA adapter, allowing me to plug in to my panel antenna, so i can adjust it for the correct mast, so i am hopeful of good performance

no adjustment, just plugged in and powered up.

5171952861.png

Just when o'hEidin brought this topic up.

Local paper this week claims Wexford and Kerry had the worst broadband in the country.

Don't quote me but the figures were along the lines of 8 mb/s on average for Ireland, Wexford was just barely 6 and Kerry was around 5.8 I think.

It might be online and if I find it I will drag it out.

Just when o'hEidin brought this topic up.

Local paper this week claims Wexford and Kerry had the worst broadband in the country.

Don't quote me but the figures were along the lines of 8 mb/s on average for Ireland, Wexford was just barely 6 and Kerry was around 5.8 I think.

It might be online and if I find it I will drag it out.
Another job for the Healy Rae's. :sweat:

vodafone upgraded the mast to 4g, got a new router and 4g account as they'd started to seriously throttle back the 3g service in recent months.

Booya

5278234628.png

vodafone upgraded the mast to 4g, got a new router and 4g account as they'd started to seriously throttle back the 3g service in recent months.

Booya

5278234628.png
What 4g router are you using? Need to get something soon, the 3g mifi dongle isn't up to the task here. Already on a 4g plan.

D-Link DWR 921

its not perfect, needs an occasional reboot, but the best one I've had so far

Back