Mower choices

Picked up a john deere 331 mounted.
It seems a right balls of a yoke to clear itself if you run into another row it just bulldozes the grass away ahead of it.
Is it me or the mower?
Mounted is some job to shave the ground

Don't cut it Savage tight to the clay. I think around 50mm of stubble is optimum. If you cut it any tighter it takes it ages to Come back

It seems a right balls of a yoke to clear itself if you run into another row it just bulldozes the grass away ahead of it.
Is it me or the mower?
Your outside hat , is there steel strips on the hat going top to bottom, my old kv was the same , I welded on angle iron in 4 spots to keep the balance right , how do ya like the mounted ?

No there all perfect it is a swinging conditioner.
Its infront of the hats it balls the grass

They the same as the kuhn's that swing round behind?
Is the hydraulic accumulator properly charged?
It should have a pressurised system that wants to lift the bed as it works. To help it float with less wear. If the accumulator is shot it might be pressing down too hard??
Cock would show pressure zi suppose?

As I'm typing I get an uneasy feeling that I'm wrong about the system.... someone correct me!

It should have a pressurised system that wants to lift the bed as it works. To help it float with less wear. If the accumulator is shot it might be pressing down too hard??

As I'm typing I get an uneasy feeling that I'm wrong about the system.... someone correct me!
Think your righter than your spelling:tt2:

Your outside hat , is there steel strips on the hat going top to bottom, my old kv was the same , I welded on angle iron in 4 spots to keep the balance right , how do ya like the mounted ?
I think this might help things I was thinking angle irons would be a help because the claas has a massive péice coming out of the hat in 4 places

Yeah same as the kuhn Swing around shes holding pressure

Reactions: AYF
Is it me or the mower?
Funnily enough our triples will do that too made a few lumps this year I was feared to go near with the tedder....so I left it for the rake man...

Is it me or the mower?
Is there a skid on the inner side that doesn't have a disc in front of it?

Is it possible to get a mod to put quick attach blades on john deere mowers?
Also what are krone front mowers like ?
Are you thinking of going new krone front mower?
There is a 2018 krone front mower local ,Krone front mower are the pull type ,where as kleverland are the push type ,imo the pull type would be better machine .

Are you thinking of going new krone front mower?
There is a 2018 krone front mower local ,Krone front mower are the pull type ,where as kleverland are the push type ,imo the pull type would be better machine .
No its not its a 10 year old one I don't think it has safe cut absolutely immaculate.
Want to try and stay away from mowers that need a spool at the front

Is it possible to get a mod to put quick attach blades on john deere mowers?
Also what are krone front mowers like ?
Meant. To say on this thread before I think welding the angle irons onto the top hats on that mower is a bad idea. We have the same mower as that only a Kuhn 313 at home and it riped the top hat out of the bed where it's driven. Seemingly a very common problem on them. At the time we were told that it's caused by vibrations when that driven top hat is dented or welded at causes the top caseing of the bed to crack and eventually rip out. I say welding angle irons would cause vibration.

Attachments

• IMG_0192.PNG
    IMG_0192.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    264.8 KB · Views: 63
No its not its a 10 year old one I don't think it has safe cut absolutely immaculate.

We had one the first year I was in England. Was a good machine. It was on an a-frame on the front linkage, suspended by two big springs that were tensioned by chains that pulled from the front of the tractor. It followed the ground ok, but if the crop was light it would leave a hole in the middle of the swath it left behind.

The A-Frame is held in by a single bolt in the top, so it was imperative that bolt is mule tight. was replaced this year with one that sat on the lift arms and had a spool to lower it. followed the ground far better imo, but could be a ballache as it took a while for it to lower when you had finished turning on the headland. General consensus among me and my colleagues though is that the krone stuff has got soft as of late.

I have the old pull type here, can't fault it really, never used any other makes to compare though. It does need a spool to lift but its not a problem, I've tee'd the lift pipe into the lift ram of the linkage, so it lifts the linkage first then the rams on the mower, have this on the black toggle so the joystick does the rear mower. i'd be more of a fan of the pull type for doing unknown ground, if you hit a object they tend to go back and up as they go over it.

Back