Mower finds ......things that just shouldn't be in the sward

recycled

Well that's me less than 300 acres into the silage season only cut at 2 farms and I've already had 2 much through the mower I've been over an old straining post , wire in a tyre had about a dozen lumps of concrete through it and a lump of steel and that's before we start on the Ruts . So let's have a picture thread of what you've all had up through your mower 20180528_091031.jpg20180526_144743.jpg20180527_150748.jpg

Attachments

• 20180526_141520.jpg
    20180526_141520.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 204
All these came off the one field. Was only 12ac or so. Really does your mower no favours. Have mowed many things including fencing stakes and strainers and wire. Mowed a gate once but didn’t go trough the conditioner. Moved a length of heavy bar before and mowed an old berg go cart one time at the bottom of a hill one time with my old front mower. Really badly bent it up. It’s akways the same places you get the hardship

AE8A57A5-76F8-42CC-BCD8-2CA70835164A.png

Whoever is responsible for leaving such objects in a silage field should have the said items flung at them and not gently. I hate carelessness.
Sure if you say anything you will be told if you dont want to do it someone else will

Sure if you say anything you will be told if you dont want to do it someone else will
If word got out there wouldn't be too many queuing up for the job. I know a genuine man who lost his crop divider from his haybob one year while rowing up silage and walked the field for hours trying to find it. It reappeared at the bottom of a round feeder the following winter having made its way into the baler. No harm done apparently.
MF30

All these came off the one field. Was only 12ac or so. Really does your mower no favours. Have mowed many things including fencing stakes and strainers and wire. Mowed a gate once but didn’t go trough the conditioner. Moved a length of heavy bar before and mowed an old berg go cart one time at the bottom of a hill one time with my old front mower. Really badly bent it up. It’s akways the same places you get the hardship

View attachment 54667
From muck spreading I’d say ,

View attachment 54667

Used to carry "me" rocks around like that, launch em in the hedge now after I hit a big rut and put one through the door glass,,, ,, only making that mistake once,,

Aye n I bet they've one tractor about the place that's seen no grease or had n oil n filter change since it arrived,, let em find some other mug to knock down their Crap infested grass,, or they can pay you to run over it with a set of harrows n a flat roller,,

View attachment 54667

Mate had a gate go all the way through once. His own gate too. Remembered it was there after a group of cattle decided to jump it and was left against the fence bent up.
He recconed it actually came out straighter than it went in!

A local contractor says the worst thing to happen to him was electronic tags in sheep as his self propelled's metal detector picks them up as the corpses on one (notorious) farm go through. Before them he could be blissfully unaware!

a local contractor was pushing on late one night when his mower started to rattle then came to a dead stop . the farmer had been replacing a fence in the winter time and pulled the old rylock netting out into the field and hadent got round to gathering it up:oops2:

Used to carry "me" rocks around like that, launch em in the hedge now after I hit a big rut and put one through the door glass,,, ,, only making that mistake once,,

I had already fired the first few into the ditch but when I realised it was going to be bad I was told by the boss to keep them all and let the farmer see them Also kept all the damages flales and maybe a few I already had in the box to show all the damage that was caused by his lack of rolling and picking stones . In fairness that happens 3 or 4 year ago now and it’s never been like it since.

Electric fence wire . The high tensile stuff with posts still attached . About 100ft of it and 2 rotten fence posts . Wrapped around the conditioner . But mostly stones lots of stones

Pulled into a farm yard and a chap was removing a full roll of sheep netting from the conditioner of a mower,he'd hired the mower and had forgotten to tidy up when fencing,served him right,we probably left 25% of the grass for the baler due to giving up with the forager due to the metal detector going off constantly.

At 3am one morning we were finishing off the last field on the farm,I'll never forget we found 14 bucket handles in one 3 acre field,told farmer next day and his reply "Where are they? We're short of bucket handles" :curse::curse::curse:

Pulled into a farm yard and a chap was removing a full roll of sheep netting from the conditioner of a mower,he'd hired the mower and had forgotten to tidy up when fencing,served him right,we probably left 25% of the grass for the baler due to giving up with the forager due to the metal detector going off constantly.

At 3am one morning we were finishing off the last field on the farm,I'll never forget we found 14 bucket handles in one 3 acre field,told farmer next day and his reply "Where are they? We're short of bucket handles" :curse::curse::curse:
Did you do silage for him the next year?

Years ago stopped to eat and the mower man came over saying he had hit a Snowcem can , a quick look revealed it was the end drum of the New Holland disc mower he working with.

I was mowing silage with a drum mower one time and heard something shoot through it, it was my neighbours shirt that blew off the line. It came out intact.

Years ago stopped to eat and the mower man came over saying he had hit a Snowcem can , a quick look revealed it was the end drum of the New Holland disc mower he working with.
same hing happened with us, mower man came round and saw the middle drum of a claas wm 20 in the sward :weld:

The worst thing I ever caught with a mower was a full roll of bullwire and attached to that was a concrete stake which also kind of wrapped itself around the conditioner. The farmer who's bit of hay I was mowing announced "oh jaysus I forgot I was going to put up a concrete post and rail fence there, sure I had that stuff out to get a start on the job". Then proceeded to ask if it would be possible to unroll the wire off the conditioner as it's dear stuff. The angle grinder soon put paid to that enquiry. No damage done luckily.

Was picking up grass one time and came on a deer that got mutilated when it passed through the mower. When I asked the mower man at dinner if it done any damage going through the mower his reply was "what deer?"

Was picking up grass one time and came on a deer that got mutilated when it passed through the mower. When I asked the mower man at dinner if it done any damage going through the mower his reply was "what deer?"
Had the same last Friday, the rake was only a round in front of me and saw the young deer lying in the unraked grass, pulled it out as the rake man would have just rowed it up, I was not in the humour for pulling that out of a blocked chute.

same hing happened with us, mower man came round and saw the middle drum of a claas wm 20 in the sward :weld:
I was mowing years ago for contractor and 1 of first jobs was out mowing with wm30's
Finished field dropped it down to fold up and pulled up by the gate to stop with other lad for grub
Other lad says something dripping under neath:scratchhead:
Id left a drum shere i folded up:blink:

Raking a bit for another contractor, this was sticking out the edge of a row when I pulled it out, how it couldn’t be heard is beyond me.

Back