Mowers

Grassnslurry

Looking to buy a 9ft mower for next season, will probably go for a trailed with a grouper. Hard to get clean second hand mowers, they seem to be carrying big money for there condition. What do people make of the trailed malone mowers? There on about making a grouper for them but won't be available for next season by the sounds of it.

Looking to buy a 9ft mower for next season, will probably go for a trailed with a grouper. Hard to get clean second hand mowers, they seem to be carrying big money for there condition. What do people make of the trailed malone mowers? There on about making a grouper for them but won't be available for next season by the sounds of it.
A lot of lads my way including my self running kv mowers , I have my one 6 seasons , going changing to krone 9ft trailed next year , the kv hasn't been a bad machine , but few things , conditioners holders like to leave home regular , and bed likes bearings , all easily fixed , krone easier ran too ,

Would a 10ft not be better for you?. There's a lot more of them out there and groupers are plentiful. I could be wrong here to but is there something about 2 of the hats side by side spinning the same direction and not cleaning grass as well?. Having mowed with a neighbor a few times who has a JD 1350, his mower never cleans the stubble as well and I'm told it's because 2 hats are doing what I said above.

A lot of lads my way including my self running kv mowers , I have my one 6 seasons , going changing to krone 9ft trailed next year , the kv hasn't been a bad machine , but few things , conditioners holders like to leave home regular , and bed likes bearings , all easily fixed , krone easier ran too ,
I like the kverneland mowers but near to impossible to come across a clean second hand one. What's the price of a new 9ft krone?

Would a 10ft not be better for you?. There's a lot more of them out there and groupers are plentiful. I could be wrong here to but is there something about 2 of the hats side by side spinning the same direction and not cleaning grass as well?. Having mowed with a neighbor a few times who has a JD 1350, his mower never cleans the stubble as well and I'm told it's because 2 hats are doing what I said above.
Roads and bothereens are too narrow for a 10ft where I am unless I went for a mounted one.

Thats true, but the 1350/5 is more 8' than 9'.

What do you like about the kverneland mowers?
I think there 9ft are a good size for narrow places, wide tyres on them, good grouper and speed can be controlled in the cab to make a nice blow. I think if a clean 4028 with grouper was to be found you wouldn't go too far wrong

Imo kuhn/john deere trailed would easily be no.1 but saying that the old model might be gone off the market now and no trial of new model yet .the kverneland 8 or 9 foot mounted with conditioner which folds back looks a mighty mower .Genuine 8 or 9 foot mowers are easy enough pick up a couple of years old for 5/6k as lads upgrade to 10 foot.I would tell you forget about grouper and put that money towards a rake instead

Imo kuhn/john deere trailed would easily be no.1 but saying that the old model might be gone off the market now and no trial of new model yet .the kverneland 8 or 9 foot mounted with conditioner which folds back looks a mighty mower .Genuine 8 or 9 foot mowers are easy enough pick up a couple of years old for 5/6k as lads upgrade to 10 foot.I would tell you forget about grouper and put that money towards a rake instead
Probably go for a rake but it will be a few years down the line I'd say so a grouper is needed until I go that root. Ya them mounted mowers are nice and tidy the way they fold up out of the way

If you have a reasonably heavy tractor to carry it a new mounted mower is a lot cheaper than a trailed and handier for narrow places.
If you can live without a grouper.
Is it mostly pit or Bale silage?
Groupers are history around here anyway for wilting reasons

a local man here replaced a 9ft 283 krone with a 10ft krone-3201? anyway it will get into a field the 9ft wouldnt without lifting the gate off. also it has some thing on it so if he comes to tracks in a field if he flicks the spool to lift the bed the front of the bed will angle up to protect it and then again it has the safe cut role pin set up too if u hit a stone

krone would be my choice

If you have a reasonably heavy tractor to carry it a new mounted mower is a lot cheaper than a trailed and handier for narrow places.
If you can live without a grouper.
Is it mostly pit or Bale silage?
Groupers are history around here anyway for wilting reasons
All baled silage. Ya the mounted mowers are nice and tidy and fold up nicely. Need a grouper or else a rake but a rake isn't really an option now

I'd group absolutely everything if farmers were happy to but there not.
The grouper is nearly as important as the mower if it's for a baler if the row isn't even you won't be able to bale it

I'd group absolutely everything if farmers were happy to but there not.
The grouper is nearly as important as the mower if it's for a baler if the row isn't even you won't be able to bale it
But you won't have near the wilt with the grouper and if it gets any shower of rain at all will take a he'll of a lot of drying because of the volume of grass in it.
Plus you only want to group it because it means you have only half the ground to travel while bailing :tt2::tt2:

But you won't have near the wilt with the grouper and if it gets any shower of rain at all will take a he'll of a lot of drying because of the volume of grass in it.
Plus you only want to group it because it means you have only half the ground to travel while bailing :tt2::tt2:

Plus a lot more bales...:clap::clap: because the stuff underneath hasn't a hope of wilting..........:no:

Oh I know but it's so handy to go mow a field and be done with it no Tedding and raking.
Rarely pick up 10 ft rows everyone wants it raked those who don't care let you swarth it.
Even without rain it doesn't wilt.

Back