Mowers

Down to decision time. Krone coming in at 8250e and claas 9000. Krone dealer is new and claas is well established. Can't decide

WHAAAAAAT how the heck is a claas that cheap with you?!?! Is that straight deal?
No lad trading in a nine year old Khun. The thing is when priced straight there was only a difference of 150e between both. I really like the class but I'd say if I pushed krone again I'd get it for 8k

Reactions: AYF
Sounds like you are getting a right good whack for your old Kuhn.....
Ya against the krone getting 4250 and round 3500 against the class. Now it's in good condition. Always minded and serviced and washed and oiled up. Followed it myself alot of the time

Would it be ok to mow light crops for bales with a non conditioner mower? It would be rowed up usually by the contractor. May do something as regards a mower here too, really for topping quickly, have an old 1360 which needs a new bed and it's hard to get the time to mow for the main crop silage. It would save the contractor a lot of coming and going if we could mow for bales ourselves though.

Would it be ok to mow light crops for bales with a non conditioner mower? It would be rowed up usually by the contractor. May do something as regards a mower here too, really for topping quickly, have an old 1360 which needs a new bed and it's hard to get the time to mow for the main crop silage. It would save the contractor a lot of coming and going if we could mow for bales ourselves though.
We mow our main crops without conditioner and getting on better then mowing Nd conditioner. Use mainly for topping after that

We mow our main crops without conditioner and getting on better then mowing Nd conditioner. Use mainly for topping after that

Still cut our 50-60 acres a year here with a drum mower, although there are talks about buying a disc Mower in the past year. Nothing done yet though. Most our first cut is hay.

For second cut silage I shake it out once or twice depending on conditions. This year raked it myself with a claas 20ft rake that I was after repairing for a lad. Made a great job of it, it doesn't leave a wisp behind. Saved baling time too cause crops were light.

When silage is left in conditioner mower rows the top goes dry, but the bottom is as green as the day it was cut. Neighbour and myself were both very impressed with this year's second cut I made, was nicer stuff than his first cut.

Still cut our 50-60 acres a year here with a drum mower, although there are talks about buying a disc Mower in the past year. Nothing done yet though. Most our first cut is hay.

For second cut silage I shake it out once or twice depending on conditions. This year raked it myself with a claas 20ft rake that I was after repairing for a lad. Made a great job of it, it doesn't leave a wisp behind. Saved baling time too cause crops were light.

When silage is left in conditioner mower rows the top goes dry, but the bottom is as green as the day it was cut. Neighbour and myself were both very impressed with this year's second cut I made, was nicer stuff than his first cut.
That was more the tedding than the mowing

Took the plunge and went for claas. I left both sales men alone for a couple of days to see who would come back to me and needles to say claas man was 1st outa the trap. Kinda tells me they would look after you if anything went wrong down the line. Done a deal so waiting for it to come in now. Bring on silage
Have a claas 2650 here since 2016. It does nice work and no bother cutting heavy grass with it .

Looking for new skids for our backup mower. Claas 3100 C. Gets dragged out when we are busy, good chance ittl give up on us before going through a new set of skids, which would cost over 1k to buy, mower isn't worth a whole pile more than that. especially as it leaks oil out, and as we found this morning, water in....

And of course the skids on the new claas mower are diferent so buying a new set then swapping onto it in the future is out!!

So. Plan is to look for a breaker machine. And take a chance on used skids. If we got some for £500 the set I'd be happy.

Mower takes these skids:
https://www.kramp.com/shop-gb/en/1109367/3925127/1626654/000933376N+Skid
Non quick change blade skids have a hole rather than dent, not sure would they do as there wouldn't be room for the blade holder to move

Looking for new skids for our backup mower. Claas 3100 C. Gets dragged out when we are busy, good chance ittl give up on us before going through a new set of skids, which would cost over 1k to buy, mower isn't worth a whole pile more than that. especially as it leaks oil out, and as we found this morning, water in....

And of course the skids on the new claas mower are diferent so buying a new set then swapping onto it in the future is out!!

So. Plan is to look for a breaker machine. And take a chance on used skids. If we got some for £500 the set I'd be happy.

Mower takes these skids:
Non quick change blade skids have a hole rather than dent, not sure would they do as there wouldn't be room for the blade holder to move
Were you talking about this before I seem to remember? Same type skid on the butterflys here someone has welded old silage harvester knives on where the skid is in most contact with the ground.
I'll be doing the same when they wear

Were you talking about this before I seem to remember? Same type skid on the butterflys here someone has welded old silage harvester knives on where the skid is in most contact with the ground.
I'll be doing the same when they wear
I was yes. We ordered some. And as I was taking the old skids off I found an oil leak in the bed! So we panicked and bought a new mower! And sent the new skids back!!
Took the mower to an auction but wasn't sold so kept it as a second machine.

The ones on her are paper thin so beyond welding bits on.
Bound to be a claas with a twisted bed or frame breaking for spares somewhere.

Half considering re conditioning her next winter. Quite handy being able to run 2 mowers at times!

@Profi Farmer Not many spurious makers supply those skids it seems. Fairly sure Kramp actully wanted more than Claas for some! They are quite a price compared to other manufacturers! Kuhn is less than half.

@Profi Farmer Not many spurious makers supply those skids it seems. Fairly sure Kramp actully wanted more than Claas for some! They are quite a price compared to other manufacturers! Kuhn is less than half.

Not sure where JMC are getting the parts but they are supposed to be competitive. Has to be worth a call to find out one way or another

Mower takes these skids:
Five of these type which should/hopefully fit plus the wear strips at the bottom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190613-103613_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190613-103613_Gallery.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: AYF
Back