Mucky Manor Pics

Discussion in 'Pictures and video' started by muckymanor, Jun 18, 2015.

1. muckymanor

muckymanor Well-Known Member

Luckily it was €0 for the gallon that I got. Will update you on the results.

2. scoffcruddle

scoffcruddle Well-Known Member

3. muckymanor

Its got to be a sricam model sp008 to have a card slot. I can't see any in the UK on eBay. Only China and hong Kong. You could try asking one of the sellers with the ones without the slot if they have an sp008 or if they can get it in for you.

scoffcruddle likes this.
  4. JOHNNY BOY

JOHNNY BOY Well-Known Member

Keep us updated on how it goes @muckymanor. If it seems to be a good success I would have a few fields that it could suit, so could be something interesting :Thumbp2:

muckymanor likes this.
  5. muckymanor

Had this lad out this evening. Found that some of my shallow ground I'd too dry for the point to penetrate. Got a few acres of my wettest ground done. It will crown it.

IMG_20180725_201544.jpg

jf 850, gone, mfman and 2 others like this.
  6. muckymanor

I sprayed roughly 25 acres of rough ground today with my little sprayer. Its so much faster when you have an ibc up on a stand and don't have to wait for the sprayer to fill every time. IMG_20180727_142855.jpg

Welcome to the jungle

IMG_20180727_122839.jpg

jf 850, scoffcruddle, mfman and 2 others like this.
  7. marco

marco Well-Known Member

can you mow that ground mucky?

8. fiatagri10090dt

fiatagri10090dt Well-Known Member

I find these help keep the plough from comen up and use draft for to. Get more grip

Attached Files:

mfman, Mf 7715 and 100-90DT like this.
  9. muckymanor

Hasn't been dry enough to drive over for 5 years until this week. I reckoned that spraying might have the best long-term impact. Will top it in 3 weeks if still dry. Its a big stripe of low ground. We usually put autumn calvers on it. They will have loads to eat but won't get fat.

10. muckymanor

First of the second cut will be fit to cut in a week. Its less than 6 weeks since it got slurry and fertilizer. Walked it this evening and the rain has really brought it on in the last few days. Next dry spell and it will be cut. This particular bit will, when cut, gives me access to 9 acres of grazing which up to now has had turf spread on it. Turf all gone so I can graze away.

IMG_20180729_204923.jpg IMG_20180729_204915.jpg

11. muckymanor

My mole ploughing has almost settled back into place in the space of a week.

IMG_20180730_212106.jpg

100-90DT, marco, gone and 1 other person like this.
  12. muckymanor

We had a digger in cleaning up some drains. Great conditions for it. He got through a mountain of work in 2 days.

IMG_20180803_211615.jpg

feirmeoir, Iggy, mfman and 9 others like this.
  13. muckymanor

More drains tidied up. It was flowing down the hill and across the meadow leaving it wet.

IMG_20180804_132300.jpg

JOHNNY BOY, mfman, jf 850 and 8 others like this.
  14. muckymanor

scoffcruddle likes this.
  15. scoffcruddle

scoffcruddle Well-Known Member

I offered £65 for it but he didn't except :no: have offered £70 now.

Set the one I bought last week up on a building,couldn't get wi-fi with my phone but the camera did.:Thumbp2:

Pretty good camera,not a great difference in quality to my £1k camera,longevity will be the thing.

muckymanor likes this.
  16. muckymanor

Worming calves tonight. Planned to do half tonight and half tomorrow and ended up doing them all

IMG_20180807_193641.jpg

Burdizzo, scoffcruddle and max like this.
  17. muckymanor

Mine are almost 12 months now and not a bother on them. See loads of companies selling them now for up to 500 euro. They just rebrand them in their own name.

18. muckymanor

Update on the seaweed liquid fertilizer that I posted about a few weeks back.
    We have had a flush of growth in the last 2 weeks so it's impossible to say if it was the cause of better grass growth, however, it was noticably greener.
    Second to that, the cows were on it this week. It was old pasture with old grass through it, some of the grass white. Anywhere that got a spray of it was eaten white while they left grass that the sprayer missed. There's lines through the field following where the sprayer went. I had planned on topping it, but that won't be necessary now.

Mid cork and Bog Man like this.
  19. jf 850

jf 850 Well-Known Member

Everywhere is greener , as you say . I see a big difference myself on land I limed last year , in color and grazed tighter. What would your land be like for PH ?

Its an interesting comparison to have an odd missed strip , especially that cows didn’t graze it as tightly. You may buy a GPS :yes:
    Any notion of cost yet ?

20. muckymanor

My land got lime 2 years ago and was soil tested last year for glas and it was ok.
    I have nothing to compare the growth to because everywhere around here greened up in the last 2 weeks with the rain. But where I sprayed was darker green. It is very noticable that the strips I sprayed were ate bare and that part of the field that I left intentionally without spray or any lines that I missed inbetween were not ate as much.

The brand is Multi-mite and it's €25 per 5 litres. It's recommended to spray it at 2 litres per hectare along with MCPA when spraying rushes.

Donegal Bay likes this.
  21. jf 850

jf 850 Well-Known Member

It's not expensive anyway. I expected it to be 30 or 40 an acre . Lot of "Snake Oil " products are sold on the basis that you won't expect it to work unless you pay dear for it.

That's fair enough on the soil tests.
    It never ceases to amaze me lads who won't spend a fiver an acre per year on lime , and then when their ground isn't performing reared it costing maybe 200 an acre . Still not spread lime . Spread 3 bags of 24/2.5/10 , no slurry and cut a heavy crop at the end of June. Then after 3 years say "xxx grass seed is only shite".

Mid cork and nashmach like this.
  22. muckymanor

He came back to me and I bought 5 litres from him. It will specifically be for mixing with MCPA for spraying rushes over the next week or 2.

I know full well the value of lime. I'm watching lads on land around us who wouldn't be too heavily stocked and they'd be going with a bag of Can twice a year to the acre and still getting poor results. 2 ton of lime for €50 would leave their land growing double the amount of grass for the next 5 years with only spreading half as much fertilizer as they do now. A lot of people only tend to plan for the short term.

Mid cork and jf 850 like this.
  23. nashmach

nashmach Moderator

Three bags of 18-6-12 plus Sulphur would go a long way too either.

Agree completely with you on lime. Cheapest fertilizer you can buy. One tonne of lime is less than two small bags of CAN!

24. muckymanor

Or a few bags of can. But in my eyes I have to try new things for myself to see if they are better or worse. Something small like this doesn't break the bank.

25. muckymanor

Grass is really pushing on as if it was June 1st. Really hope the weather doesn't come so wet so as to ruin these ground conditions. Can handle showers but not a week of heavy rain. IMG_20180810_071920.jpg

jf 850 and gone like this.