Mucky Manor Pics

Hard to believe that we are 5 weeks on from my last pictures and only had a bit of rain yesterday and today. It was welcome too. Hopefully it will dry up again and we will get silage in dry. My shores are working all the time and I have white lines all through my fields where the grass is scorched on top of the shores.

IMG_20200523_210727_2.jpg

Gives a bit of satisfaction to have things serviced and repaired before you put them away for winter. This new rubber is much more flexible than the old type and easier to put in. The seller reckons it the other types are made from recycled rubber hence why they are less flexible. He reckons that this new type should last longer. Time will tell. IMG_20200530_111744_9.jpg

Gives a bit of satisfaction to have things serviced and repaired before you put them away for winter. This new rubber is much more flexible than the old type and easier to put in. The seller reckons it the other types are made from recycled rubber hence why they are less flexible. He reckons that this new type should last longer. Time will tell. View attachment 78661
Excuse my ignorance but what is that?

Excuse my ignorance but what is that?
Bottom of the agitator. Going through a good few on our nc, but I think it’s largely due to a tank we mix that tends to have plenty of stuff in it that shouldn’t be :unsure:

Reactions: Paw
Bottom of the agitator. Going through a good few on our nc, but I think it’s largely due to a tank we mix that tends to have plenty of stuff in it that shouldn’t be :unsure:
The agitator that only gets occasional use is harder on rubber bearings as the shaft is more rusted on startup and wears the rubber more until polished.

The agitator that only gets occasional use is harder on rubber bearings as the shaft is more rusted on startup and wears the rubber more until polished.
If that's the problem would it be possible to fit a nylon sleeve on the shaft?

The current would get more work than the last and we never touched it. Would always be started slow to try make sure water gets in to lubricate it. There’s either an imbalance in it or it’s due to the numerous piles of silage, net, rope, wire and foot wrap that ends up on it:censored::censored:

Got it welded proper tonight. I'd never have time to do this kind of stuff if I was working full time.

Welded an angle iron to the inside of each bar to take the outward force of the bales then welded wash bar to the chassis.

A lick of paint and a plastic end in each and it will be ready for bales

IMG_20200630_205913_4.jpg

Got it welded proper tonight. I'd never have time to do this kind of stuff if I was working full time.

Welded an angle iron to the inside of each bar to take the outward force of the bales then welded wash bar to the chassis.

A lick of paint and a plastic end in each and it will be ready for bales

View attachment 79913
It will be a tidy job when you're finished. How do you find that type of bale trailer compared to a flatbed?

Started creep feeding a month earlier this year. For cattle that ill be selling as stores or finishing, I'm learning that the best time to put weight on them is when they are sucking and on good grass. I won't be feeding weanlings meal in the shed next winter or only a small amount of I do.

IMG_20200630_213510_1.jpg

It will be a tidy job when you're finished. How do you find that type of bale trailer compared to a flatbed?

It's handy because we don't have a loader and can load it with a standard single bale lifter. No need to tie bales either. It's only used on the farm to draw bales close to the shed for wrapping. It would carry about 400 bales in the year.

It's handy because we don't have a loader and can load it with a standard single bale lifter. No need to tie bales either. It's only used on the farm to draw bales close to the shed for wrapping. It would carry about 400 bales in the year.
Oh I didn't know you could load them with the bale lifter. That would make it a handy job alright. It's doing good work for you so, with that amount of bales.

na0M-1zfLSNkgdUrvWNnSqaXzZ4rk_2cOwX_AbZDQgIyo5INZomhR2QlHou8cpgpayMSzRAR8j_F3De4gITX2PXVMxpyAFBcJwsbXvMMVlkHFOcrmAJLrMPCkPcsB1rdZSTffPLsouDmJnA7ffXiKeyNV2C_W-lAvyYk-AWpCIhRggtcGf8jTPLopnYuAVEE32kTVI-tEtR-EtuKzRNMXzJQFkhVpW3bQSFve2bycq4-4qF_ZRBpQux6awk9V-gTekxxfnVVMpjTBwCZOxXP3zU6ufxzzn-LxKfAmDQ1LKSLlOV8S5FKtCvnrLOwNHrTM4VPkhjSq9QsbOWikqgb9_kCL6jxq_g3oUwRWaKPSyCGI4ABK5braw69LDPUstulviqUmCT6Usm6OtuK7SMpWavZrMcNRoVttcaxqywq4j3cOQMNtnBvs7fLV8oJ8NMkJw_AsbER0yphdtEdyxS-JVtX7lGH2M00wYy21y4BWnZik5rYYdJM_ktAyOrZVywYOuogK7FDCVBXoxWdGmY0cecPgJD72erNgua84gE_73aSr66Gbn6u42H3bkZqJ4TaNbxqvbLAnJPr-6tMqLdJwyHgXUSV60AWW4wu5D0JTgSNX0uQVD6uObtfFyeyMLlkWTAxlr3ZxPo1nPM2dmWgU_a8QAvBFp1hybaI0PAT8-HJRSmwVcRXQjA2Ufir=w1292-h969-no

5ZYakvHL_qSQpdwZgpYiqGiDfHnG-U6xZXUpuSuIvq-xizT3DEAK3ngLr3CwQpbrk8CfGYQ_73GiFe8BkKxowjM1srZvwBSOM16NVD05v2Pfs42H71-XCEI7hRoENzW-8D9_IMHoxIDV9sJYwS6bexRgXjFMM2Mm3xm-oFaNGr-sp6LazeP3cmCTgEWOhCyF53lyGGPiBjqUoXXx2XJUMgY1uVns9wxE1HOMOjzBnY1pKGfHogs0YOU6-0nWgr80vUqeHQYRz1V177ZP691qnUSh0FRolJZr6raya-5UBVSHUBakY4x8nmPZTgWQyiUHBjl1qRabA4gEfZVX4NfTmzGB-GWx7fyGzpmrIJl0YN4u2-J63ll9R6IVyQiKLwRV_hAxg_V77zNIboIW6fifyqLkx2JERm2qlmKVnRxCLhjLsIpL69XdqXCGPfxeRSmgav0Jryk3MOgTNirVy6SxrhWrr9gKecIWAp_VvYykwqgctGDrm2DV_3DO9ULKuJV4gP0rFfr52W0Qi8sb7mMEkxTTk8DwCs_4dIcBhurYZJBUlo0hdghH5CupARiHMLrmt5L8IPraoRP8me3O2b5lbRsOFBK26NIQ2fyjXRPCZcdDlY-98H28JpEeUIq56rHaqC-DYu76fKlQKAxf_b9Y5ULMveXdQvz8HgNOnzieoqbskaukTYc54bFvm4h1=w1292-h969-no

We have had a good boost of grass in the last few weeks since the rain came. These 2 lads were 550kg when they got to grass around March 25th. Weighed earlier this week and the SIM was 675kg while the SH was 655kg. The SIM is 25 months and the SH is 24 months old. They have been getting meal for 2 weeks and will probably get it for another 2 weeks before slaughter.

Back