Nash get the cheque book out!

What type of trailer should nash buy?

• Dropside

Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Two purpose built trailers

Votes: 70 68.0%

• Total voters
After the story I heard about a well minded 6.16 - no way :no::no:

Let's just say a powershift tractor wouldn't have cost half it in repairs!!

I know they ain't the cheapest on parts but surely a lot of the transmission is shared with other tractors as it is a ZF unit if I remember correctly. Think it could even be used in Favorit 500s and Steyr 9100s.

How many hours had the 6.16 done?

I know they ain't the cheapest on parts but surely a lot of the transmission is shared with other tractors as it is a ZF unit if I remember correctly. Think it could even be used in Favorit 500s and Steyr 9100s.

How many hours had the 6.16 done?

I thought the same to be honest Merv. It should certainly be similar to the gearbox in 300 series Fendts.

Hours weren't that high about 5k ish but it cost a multiple of that!

Remind me why you had one laid up in the shed :whistling: :laugh:

Any luck with the Xylon or the 500 series yet?

Resting of course! only fault with it was a chipped tooth on a gear due to half full slurry tanker surge:blushing: other than that one they all go grand.
The owner of the xylon is in hibernation i think, its not gone yet, but probably wont manage the drill.
The 500's are chronic money but they are the only tractor the father has a real itch for, a vario would just be too complicated!!

Resting of course! only fault with it was a chipped tooth on a gear due to half full slurry tanker surge:blushing: other than that one they all go grand.
The owner of the xylon is in hibernation i think, its not gone yet, but probably wont manage the drill.
The 500's are chronic money but they are the only tractor the father has a real itch for, a vario would just be too complicated!!

You missed out on that nice one in Cork so!

Think you may get the passport out then and visit Deutschland!

There are couple of 500s coming up in the Cheffins sale in Bristol this month. PHR also has two listed on his website.

There are couple of 500s coming up in the Cheffins sale in Bristol this month. PHR also has two listed on his website.

Thanks, just had a look there, cheffins dont publish previous auction results or am i missing it? I wouldnt mind heading over to see the scale of their auctions alone!

Thanks, just had a look there, cheffins dont publish previous auction results or am i missing it? I wouldnt mind heading over to see the scale of their auctions alone!

No they don't publish results.

Yes you will be blown away!!

I think tractor and farm trader had some results for the last collective sale at Bristol, which was a few months back. This wouldn't be as big as the monthly one in Cambridge and the South West was always a good area for Fendt thanks to some good dealers in the area.

Both look genuine tractors to be honest. Would you consider one or is it a point blank no chance.

Both look genuine tractors to be honest. Would you consider one or is it a point blank no chance.

At that money it would be hard not to consider one. I'd have to talk with our mechanic friend first though for his view. He steered me from a 7840 SLE :whistling:

Was in contact about a 1996 110/90 with 8000 hours at a dealers and they were looking 18k with no trade in!!

I think in order for you to make a decision you need know what your looking for before you look at tractors:

• HP
  • 4 vs 6 cyl
  • Dealers/Parts availability
  • Comfort level
  • Budget
Otherwise I fear we will have passed on peacefully at this rate before anything is bought :001_rolleyes:

I think in order for you to make a decision you need know what your looking for before you look at tractors:

• HP
  • 4 vs 6 cyl
  • Dealers/Parts availability
  • Comfort level
  • Budget
Otherwise I fear we will have passed on peacefully at this rate before anything is bought :001_rolleyes:

Already done:

100-110hp
6 cylinder preferably
Obviously depends on brand and the view of our mechanic friend - most main dealers quite close
Comfort - surely a step up from a Fritzmeir cab Ford 3600 :lol:
Sub 15k - lower the better as have other things that need to be upgraded.

Already done:

100-110hp
6 cylinder preferably
Obviously depends on brand and the view of our mechanic friend - most main dealers quite close
Comfort - surely a step up from a Fritzmeir cab Ford 3600 :lol:
Sub 15k - lower the better as have other things that need to be upgraded.

JD 6600, 6610, 6510.

Case 5140

Maybe punt a MF 3095.

JD 6600, 6610, 6510.

Case 5140

Maybe punt a MF 3095.

Forgot one bit - must be simple with no electrics for a man who has a phobia about buttons!

That definetly rules out the last one!

As for the JD's no way would any of them be under 15k unless they are around the clock!

Forgot one bit - must be simple with no electrics for a man who has a phobia about buttons!

That definetly rules out the last one!

As for the JD's no way would any of them be under 15k unless they are around the clock!

The fiats are good, the f range would be worth a look.

Have you thought of importing from the UK? Better deals to had there, the exchange rate has gone down a bit and since your in wexford not much to travel for a truck.

The fiats are good, the f range would be worth a look.

Have you thought of importing from the UK? Better deals to had there, the exchange rate has gone down a bit and since your in wexford not much to travel for a truck.
now, its not a great sign of things when for the last 5 weeks ive met loads and loads of second hand tractors heading to the boat in larne for the uk.

you prepared to put the diesel in a 6cyl 115hp tractor if ye ever do buy one nash? she wont be like the sacred heart lamps your running at the mo.

if i was you, id do what i done, i just stepped outside the box and bought what i wanted myself, no phobias, no tight fists, no "we dont need that", no hassle....
if you had of bought a tractor 3 yrs ago by all good chances she would be still worth what you gave for her then now.

i wouldnt take on board too seriously what men say about tractors, if your mates deutz was as rough as a bears arse or indeed they were then nothing would last like that, in all honesty from the little i did work on the dutz i found them to be built like a brick siht house.
a nice clean F140 would be nice, but id say she is too big fro ye, the size of her alone might give your dad palpitations.
even tho, mint ones are about as common as rocking horse shit.

i say man up nash, go into the bank and ask for the loan, and go and buy yourself something nice, and not a budget tractor either, or something thats going to be old before you get it either.
might do you no harm for your dad to see you taking an interest in the place and spending a few pound, it may serve well in the future.
on the flip side, would you really want to take over a run down farm machine wise and have to buy it all the one day, take it from me, you dont want to have to go down that road, its full of sleepless nights i promise.

Back