Nashmach's Pictures

Did you purchase a power harrow? Did I miss that?

It looks like a rotovator, spiked rotavator maybe

Yep a Celli rotavator, bought it from a neighbour - pretty much like all the harrows here :laugh: It is not a spike one but a straight blade version. It's a very genuine two owner machine with what I think are the original blades. Sped things up here for definite and glad I did buy it given the year.

In a way it's reuniting a classic combination that would have been sold by the late Nick Gore of Duncormick Tractors in the 90s as he was agent for Landini and Celli importer.

Yep a Celli rotavator, bought it from a neighbour - pretty much like all the harrows here :laugh: It is not a spike one but a straight blade version. It's a very genuine two owner machine with what I think are the original blades. Sped things up here for definite and glad I did buy it given the year.

In a way it's reuniting a classic combination that would have been sold by the late Nick Gore of Duncormick Tractors in the 90s as he was agent for Landini and Celli importer.

I thought that anybody at tillage didn't use blade rotavators because they smeared the surface and sealed it, would a rotovator not be cheaper to maintain and buy than a power harrow and less to go wrong. I bought a howard rotovator a couple of years ago for reseeding and a bit of spuds.

I thought that anybody at tillage didn't use blade rotavators because they smeared the surface and sealed it, would a rotovator not be cheaper to maintain and buy than a power harrow and less to go wrong. I bought a howard rotovator a couple of years ago for reseeding and a bit of spuds.

I thought that was only L ad C type blade rotavators that had a tendency to smear and surface?

Is it driven from both sides with a solid shaft that the flails are bolted onto? Or is the main shaft split in the middle?
It didn't see a lot of hardship in its life anyway- yet!
MF30
It`s the same setup as a Howard - one shaft out of central gearbox out to the left side. a set of gears (no chain) drop the drive down to the main one piece rotor.
PA Pentony & Co imported the Celli many years ago, @nashmach We sold a few of the real early ones. I was in the Celli factory on one of the famous Dealer Drinking Tours of Europe in 1981.

Is it driven from both sides with a solid shaft that the flails are bolted onto? Or is the main shaft split in the middle?
It didn't see a lot of hardship in its life anyway- yet!
MF30

Tengtooltom has nicely summarised it above!

I'd hope to keep the last comment that way!!!

He was getting back trouble , caused by sleeping on a mattress stuffed with wads of 50s. @diesel power used to suffer greatly from a similar affliction.
He got himself a woman to cure the problem...

Back trouble alright, crippled since Friday night after drawing bales with that combination and then picked 11 acres of stones on Saturday evening.:cry:

I need to win the lotto to get something with a better seat:blushing:

Back trouble alright, crippled since Friday night after drawing bales with that combination and then picked 11 acres of stones on Saturday evening.:cry:

I need to win the lotto to get something with a better seat:blushing:

Aye. City slicker professionals wages would pay for a new tractor in 2 or 3 months.

He was getting back trouble , caused by sleeping on a mattress stuffed with wads of 50s. @diesel power used to suffer greatly from a similar affliction.
He got himself a woman to cure the problem...

I was in the mart the other day and I was talking to a man who met you in the doctors the other day. Seemingly you were after burning yourself off the lightbulb again. He sends on his best wishes.:Thumbp2:

Back