New budget fertiliser

So long as it stops rain getting in I be happy. Finding the bogballe letting in water in rain. Gets fustrating as really makes a mess of it
Comes in between the extentions. Had the dealer take off the extensions on mine and silicone them back on! They have a kind of sticky tape between the rubber strips and steel but it isn't good enough. And nothing where the extensions themselves are bolted together.
Took about 5 tubes of sealant I think!

Comes in between the extentions. Had the dealer take off the extensions on mine and silicone them back on! They have a kind of sticky tape between the rubber strips and steel but it isn't good enough. And nothing where the extensions themselves are bolted together.
Took about 5 tubes of sealant I think!

Yea you can see it getting in at the sight glass at the front and the black plastic pieces on the corners.

Are covers worth the extra 600 they cost (rauch spinners) I don't have one at the moment but was looking at new ones with them and they seem kind of awkward. I like to be able to look in from the back of the tractor and see how much is left. They also look fiddly enough. I don't spread in the rain and normally if I get caught in a shower I just spread it all and wash out what remains which is nothing. My fear is that if I don't get a cover with a new spreader would it be a big downfall when going to trade in.

Are covers worth the extra 600 they cost (rauch spinners) I don't have one at the moment but was looking at new ones with them and they seem kind of awkward. I like to be able to look in from the back of the tractor and see how much is left. They also look fiddly enough. I don't spread in the rain and normally if I get caught in a shower I just spread it all and wash out what remains which is nothing. My fear is that if I don't get a cover with a new spreader would it be a big downfall when going to trade in.

I doubt if it would come against you when you trade in.

They are very handy though - I find it great at keeping mud from the back wheels out of the hopper too.

Washing and minding your spreader well would be much more important in terms of getting a good trade-in value.

Wouldn’t be without a cover here, handy to be able to spread away if it starts to get a bit damp, but big reason is keeping mud from the wheels out of the spreader, especially if traveling on the road

On my smaller Mds rauch I was able open the cover from the front to be able see into the spreader, never tried on my axis. I usually leave the cover open on my spreader to see what’s in it as you say but is handy if the weather comes misty of showery that you can continue spreading. My honest opinion is I wouldn’t like buying a second hand if it didn’t have a cover.

Wouldn’t be without a cover here, handy to be able to spread away if it starts to get a bit damp, but big reason is keeping mud from the wheels out of the spreader, especially if traveling on the road
X2 the windows in the KRM make it easy though.

Suppose a window could be made in most spreaders? (sacrilidge I know!)

Made a cheap cover for my Rauch out of plywood hinged at each side, have been caught on occasion in the past going to the outfarm and it pissed rain, totally upsets the application rate, if I change the spreader the next one will have a cover from new.

Don't all the Rauch spreaders have a piece of clear Perspex in the front so you can gauge how much is in it?
Weigh cells tell you how much is in the spreader and the box tells you how many hectares it will cover with that amount .

The Axis have a clear section in the cover to let in light and two windows in the front. Can see both agitators when empty.

Back