New milking parlour

I had a row with a man in mullinahone about a reader. He wants dairy master to come down and do it. I said I am not paying to have a man from DM stand in my yard to read the tags. Its their fault they made a mess out of the hole thing for probaly a simple solution but it has gone on so long now I can't trust the info so they may come down now and read all 154 animals with the IE numbers I think it the only way outs this mess now

Ya I know we can do it through the commander box's in the pit and set the cow to the number there Nd then. But the problem is a few of the tags aren't working and it messes up the hole thing then and a cow stands at the reader at the back when the line is full and she ends up been read and pushes all the numbers forward then.
that shouldn't happen .is the back gate sensor working and calling loading times

The tags not reading would be the biggest issue IMO. Using Cormac Tagging here, 400 tag sets in and still 800 tags in their ears!!

Was always going to be DM here to be fair. They maintain quicker milk out. And the claw piece is nicer to hold then others I find

Most manufacturers will offer both 2x2 and 4x0. Dairymaster only do 4x0. Personally I'd prefer the 2x2 but tbh, there's little to no difference. Salesmen would try their best to convince you otherwise. There's far more important things to be looking at, like, for example, are the nipples ferruled in to the milk line or just a drilled pipe with a welded nipple? Are the one way valves stainless steel and not them stupid rubber flap yolks? Are the milking parameters easily adjusted by the farmer? Are the pulsators shared?

Most manufacturers will offer both 2x2 and 4x0. Dairymaster only do 4x0. Personally I'd prefer the 2x2 but tbh, there's little to no difference. Salesmen would try their best to convince you otherwise. There's far more important things to be looking at, like, for example, are the nipples ferruled in to the milk line or just a drilled pipe with a welded nipple? Are the one way valves stainless steel and not them stupid rubber flap yolks? Are the milking parameters easily adjusted by the farmer? Are the pulsators shared?

I switched from 4x0 about 5 years ago,didn't notice a thing.

I'll probably switch to read slide pulsation if I get bother with my pulsators www.readindustrial.co.nz/milking-system-components/pulsators/

They are so simple no wiring no expensive service items,virtually fit and forget.

I switched from 4x0 about 5 years ago,didn't notice a thing.

I'll probably switch to read slide pulsation if I get bother with my pulsators www.readindustrial.co.nz/milking-system-components/pulsators/

They are so simple no wiring no expensive service items,virtually fit and forget.

My kind of engineering!! Love the read stuff. Really impressed with the pulsation arrangement. Didn't consider them here because of their lack of presence in the country.

My kind of engineering!! Love the read stuff. Really impressed with the pulsation arrangement. Didn't consider them here because of their lack of presence in the country.

Lack of presence wouldn't bother me,the only thing that could possibly fail with the pulsators is the drive motor,I'd simply have a spare.

I've always worked on having a backup plan with everything regarding milking,spare vac pump and milk pump are wired up and only need pipes swapping over,I'd hate being at the mercy of a dealer,the only problem I have is if anything is ever out of action I'm the only one to sort it.

Yes I agree the claw pieces r nice and tidy as for pulsation we don't have any problems with it really only thing is the odd couple of cows might not milk out so well in front quarters but that is a cow problem I think.

All this talk about 2x2 pulsation is so much better than 4x0 is a load of rubbish so ?
It was a big deal locally here in causeway area ironically a few years back ,so much so delaval sold a fair share of new parlours over it!!!!
As far as know ,dairymaster up graded some of their parlours to 2x2 pulsation to satify complaints .I have not heard too much complaints of late .A couple of cows not milking out properly will lead to scc problems soon enough!!
Keep us posted!!!

Think slot of it comes down to different foulk, different strokes. Iv seen a claw piece in a local DM man here done to suit a delavel system. Have to say doh we have a 2 slow cows here and the machine will not take it off till she is done.

In our DM parlour the pulsators are shared brucey.i suppose the 2x2 pulsation is more along the lines of the hand milking of cows long ago the way it works left and right I mean .

Back