New Mower

View attachment 54341

Thanks Daniel.

This clip from the dealers photo of the mower. Where is the serial number located on these mowers I'll take it down and check it when I view the mower.

That is the older side gaurd anyway but it’s not to say it didn’t get the other extras. As far as I can think the plate with serial number is on the right hand of the mower on the frame going down to the wheel

That is the older side gaurd anyway but it’s not to say it didn’t get the other extras. As far as I can think the plate with serial number is on the right hand of the mower on the frame going down to the wheel

Yeah that's where it is

Is that the centre mounted one? Looking at same mower myself for topping and taking out paddocks. Did you look at others or just the krone?

I bought the krone 240 active mower for topping and taking out strong award. To be honest I think the contractor prefer if I do the mowing especially when the acres are small. He just needs to send out rake and combi baler then.

Have only ever cut down light crops with it and let's be fair to it that's it's design limit. There are springs to adjust ground pressure but it can' match it's more expensive bigger brothers.

I looked at all the main brands but liked the blade change, transport position, grease points, front cover height adjusment (so it doesn't push down light crops and docks in front of the cutting bed).

Attachments

• ActiveMow_R_240_Einsatz_1.jpg
    ActiveMow_R_240_Einsatz_1.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 73
I bought the krone 240 active mower for topping and taking out strong award. To be honest I think the contractor prefer if I do the mowing especially when the acres are small. He just needs to send out rake and combi baler then.

Have only ever cut down light crops with it and let's be fair to it that's it's design limit. There are springs to adjust ground pressure but it can' match it's more expensive bigger brothers.

I looked at all the main brands but liked the blade change, transport position, grease points, front cover height adjusment (so it doesn't push down light crops and docks in front of the cutting bed).

Its the safe-cut disc thats appealing to me as I will be doing mainly topping....Went to grass and muck just to compare disc mowers and the krone stood out to me... sip mowers have same safety system in their discs with a 2 year warranty but are quite expensive to buy for a non main brand so I dont think they are worth the risk....

Its the safe-cut disc thats appealing to me as I will be doing mainly topping....Went to grass and muck just to compare disc mowers and the krone stood out to me... sip mowers have same safety system in their discs with a 2 year warranty but are quite expensive to buy for a non main brand so I dont think they are worth the risk....

I viewed the sip mower but when I saw that one arm on the tractor would have to be lower than the other I lost interest in it.

The prices may have varied between the main brands but when you do the sums on the finance package the money was the same.

Buying a second hand mower is a mine field!! A mower that size will have the life worked out of it , I’ve had a 4328 from new , 7 seasons done , good few pound spent on it to keep going the last few years , after buying a new krone , could you stretch to a new one ? You would have it for life , just my two cents !!
How is the krone fairing out for you? Heard talk of issues with the slip clutches but that could be rubbish. Interested to hear your thoughts on it as I'm thinking of getting the 2801CV either shortly or early next year

Back