new phone

Anybody have any suggestions for a cheap smartphone? I'm not holding out much hope of finding mine :thumbdown::(

Need to sort something tomorrow, BlackBerry would drive you mad :rolleyes:

How cheap?

As possible. Max around 100 or so. I don't use it as much now but you'd be lost without internet :rolleyes:

My main requirements other than that would be something with a camera with flash and decent enough flashlight and a radio.

Samsung usually have a good choice. Would you go Nokia?

Haven't heard much good news on Nokia?

Anyone any thoughts on Vodafone phones?

Wanted some opinions from the experts on here!

As possible. Max around 100 or so. I don't use it as much now but you'd be lost without internet :rolleyes:

My main requirements other than that would be something with a camera with flash and decent enough flashlight and a radio.

Haven't heard much good news on Nokia?

Anyone any thoughts on Vodafone phones?

Wanted some opinions from the experts on here!

Spend an extra 50 man and get something like a Samsung S3 mini, a sh1tty phone would only torment you.

Had a Nokia smartphone here for a bit. Lumina I think its called.
Bought for €89 pay as you go and just popped in my own sim.

Couldn't get used to it and ended up giving it to the mother. Went for a Samsung Galaxy S4 after and no regrets.

Anybody have any suggestions for a cheap smartphone? I'm not holding out much hope of finding mine :thumbdown::(

Need to sort something tomorrow, BlackBerry would drive you mad
Max around 100 or so. I don't use it as much now but you'd be lost without internet :rolleyes:

there is a lad on ebay selling this, would it be any good.
its just under a hundred quid.
e252c6f562e5441a5356d4fceefa0fae.jpg

i was in the phone shop yesterday and i ordered a htc m8, free i may add...

He has an old nokia sur so all he needs is the camera :whistle: cost reduced even further :D

What are HTC like? Never used one.

He has an old nokia sur so all he needs is the camera :whistle: cost reduced even further :D

What are HTC like? Never used one.
i have a few old nokias here, most are broke, but id give him one if he was cold turkey.

its wild too being poor....:whistling::D

as for the htc's, i like em tbh.
im on my 3rd or 4th one now.

i was in the phone shop yesterday and i ordered a htc m8, free i may add..

Are you for an upgrade [MENTION=324]tinman[/MENTION] , due one myself and would only be leaving it in the box as I'm happy enough with my present phone.

Spend an extra 50 man and get something like a Samsung S3 mini, a sh1tty phone would only torment you.

Have had a look here tonight and that looks like the one for me alright albeit way over budget. Think that is what I will go for as the more basic HTC doesn't have a flash believe it or not.

Presume you have one Mike?

Had a Nokia smartphone here for a bit. Lumina I think its called.
Bought for €89 pay as you go and just popped in my own sim.

Couldn't get used to it and ended up giving it to the mother. Went for a Samsung Galaxy S4 after and no regrets.

You are not the first to say that either on those Nokia's.

Jaysus, tinny, that made me laugh out loud :D:D:D

You went to a lot of effort there :lol::lol:
So you got a straight swap in the end then ?:whistle:

Any I have seen needed to be installed first!

I am praying to saint Anthony that it will be somewhere around the house when I go back to Dublin!!

In that case can i recommend installing on the phone if you find it or on the new one :P :P haha

Have had a look here tonight and that looks like the one for me alright albeit way over budget. Think that is what I will go for as the more basic HTC doesn't have a flash believe it or not.

Presume you have one Mike?

You are not the first to say that either on those Nokia's.

Jaysus, tinny, that made me laugh out loud :D:D:D

The OH has one and its a nice phone.
The biggest problem I have with smartphones is the very poor battery life.

Get a cover which incorporates an additional battery. I have a Mophie here which is ok but wouldn't pay the money again for it.

I find the htcs have a good battery life myself though the internet does kill them of very quick but for lots of calls their good.

You went to a lot of effort there :lol::lol:
So you got a straight swap in the end then ?:whistle:
just a new phone, i keep the old one, but its tired now.
the new contract im going onto allows me to upgrade the phone every 12 mths for free as long as i hand in the old one, it has to be working, if not, it costs me 100 for a new one again.
but when i do that, im tied in for another two years, so its basically a rolling contract.
im not gone on it, and tried my best to still get an 18 mth contract, but they wont do it anymore.
its either 24 mths or nothing.
and im with them 19 years now.
so all in all, ive held out for 8 mths out of contract, but by not upgrading, im only fooling myself tbh.
the rental is well down now anyways, this phone here only costs 100 a month no matter how much i use it, and that includes roaming calls for about the half of them.

just a new phone, i keep the old one, but its tired now.
the new contract im going onto allows me to upgrade the phone every 12 mths for free as long as i hand in the old one, it has to be working, if not, it costs me 100 for a new one again.
but when i do that, im tied in for another two years, so its basically a rolling contract.
im not gone on it, and tried my best to still get an 18 mth contract, but they wont do it anymore.
its either 24 mths or nothing.
and im with them 19 years now.
so all in all, ive held out for 8 mths out of contract, but by not upgrading, im only fooling myself tbh.
the rental is well down now anyways, this phone here only costs 100 a month no matter how much i use it, and that includes roaming calls for about the half of them.

Im on much the same contract as you so then,you didn't happen to price the htc m8 to buy straight by any chance ?
Meteor asked me 350 euros to buy the htc if I stayed on my old 50 euros a month contract but would give it to me for free if I changed to a 49 euros a month free plan:confused::confused::confused:

Back