New shed

Not much progress but the walls are up & plastered on the outside.

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 194
grand job jd, we put a small one up at work, suprising how much goes into them, the frame takes no time but the little finishing of jobs do, still have no downspouts on ours 4 months later haha
We have no spouts on the cattle shed 4 years later....

Not much progress but the walls are up & plastered on the outside.
thought you would have more wit than to be building walls and plastering them....:whistling:

no man with a bit of shuttering about...

im a big fan of it..

thought you would have more wit than to be building walls and plastering them....:whistling:

no man with a bit of shuttering about...

im a big fan of it..
Thought the tin would have been on long ago....before the walls were finished....& I'm not building them....

Is that a lotus 300 on the case what hole do you use for the wheels when tedding bought one recently and wondering the best way to set it up
It is, ours is nearly scrap but still makes a decent job of spreading grass.

Wheels are in the bottom hole I think ( tedder sitting at it's highest ) right or wrong I don't know but it works for me......& the tines set on the spread position.

Not many seem to do it but the way I work is to remove the pin that holds her in work/transport while doing the headlands of a field, so as it works like a trailed machine going round clockwise....then put the pin back in for the main part of the field :001_unsure:.

Attachments

• Lil's mower & kicker 037.jpg
    Lil's mower & kicker 037.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 131
What is it like at making a row heard they can leave the field a bit dirty bought our one new this year in place of a haybob got fed up of the turner making lumps when turning

Only ever rowed straw with them, they kinda fill the basket & chuck the rest out the sides....at least the basket adjusts on them & yours being new won't be so bad...

Nearly done....

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 255
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 251

How did they bolt the roof beam on to the clearspan beam any chance of a pic as wondering how they do it :confused:
sorry, i read your post wrong, i thought you meant the shed steel.
my bad.

normally weld a flat plate onto the end of the clearspan with 6 holes on both sides, then either weld on a flat plate to the stanchion, or more commonly just drill the web and bolt it in.

sorry, i read your post wrong, i thought you meant the shed steel.
my bad.

normally weld a flat plate onto the end of the clearspan with 6 holes on both sides, then either weld on a flat plate to the stanchion, or more commonly just drill the web and bolt it in.
That way.

All done apart from the floor, no rush on that at the mo.

Attachments

• 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 236
  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 240
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 227
  • 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 235
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 233
fine job hi.
the tin is well flashed.

good decent sized shed too, wouldnt mind it myself hi...

Turned out great:thumbup:

You should be collecting that water for all the power washing you do everyday:whistling:

Looks good there Jay Dee :thumbup:

Will the rake go in it?

And like Larry has hinted at - you need a few IBC's :D

the only problem with a decent high open front is that if the rain is blowing the wrong way it ill go a fair bit into the shed, i have that problem here.
often thought about them clear plastic curtains across the front down about 4' or so, but you would want to have deep pockets to cover 5 bays of it.

the only problem with a decent high open front is that if the rain is blowing the wrong way it ill go a fair bit into the shed, i have that problem here.
often thought about them clear plastic curtains across the front down about 4' or so, but you would want to have deep pockets to cover 5 bays of it.
The open side is to the east & cattle shed shelters most of it, I couldn't get a photo of all the shed if I wanted to it's that close...

Sheeting it down a few feet is always an option but I think it will be ok...

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 177
i seen the shed in front of it before, so it ill be a massive help.
your better off with a high front, nothing is getin any smaller these times.

what height is that opening?

Back