New Smartphone

nashmach

Going to be buying a smartphone in the next few weeks maybe sooner depending on some things.

Not a big Apple fan and believe that the new HTC and Samsung products are better.

So choice is Samsung SII or SIII
or the HTC V, S or X.

Currently between the Samsung SIII and HTC S.

Any thoughts on these?

Will want to use it as a tethering point too if that makes any difference.

Personally I'd go more towards the Samsun based on my experience of their quality, my phone before the last was a Samsung Soul which survived some amount of falls and even being left in a field during a thunderstorm!

hey... 1st post on here :blushing:

bought a samsung galaxy x cover a month ago, was 80 euro plus a 30 euro a month contract.. so far so good, and have used it with shitty hands and wet gloves :yes:

Just buy the iphone. Its number one for a reason, i resisted for a long time and now in hindsit i should have just bought it.

What happened to the Nokia?:crying:
dont know about his phone but nokia were downgraded to junk status by moodys last week.
sounds like all hands were asleep at the wheel.

i have a htc desire here, the mrs has a samsung, i know its me, but christ i cant get the hang of her phone at all, most likely its because ive got used to the htc, but i find it a lot simpler to get round for some reason.
it has its moments, but they are mostly due to big fingers.
i didnt go the i phone way as nothing else i have here is apple related and wanted android system just.

dont know about his phone but nokia were downgraded to junk status by moodys last week.

i have a htc desire here, the mrs has a samsung, i know its me, but christ i cant get the hang of her phone at all, most likely its because ive got used to the htc, but i find it a lot simpler to get round for some reason.
i didnt go the i phone way as nothing else i have here is apple related and wanted android system just.

Funny that, people have said the opposite to me before. I probably would have went htc if they had better hardware specs at the time. How does she find the Samsung?

Funny that, people have said the opposite to me before. I probably would have went htc if they had better hardware specs at the time. How does she find the Samsung?
she likes it i believe.

the battery is the killer on them all tho.
mine is chronic at times.
it took a fit last week and wouldnt make the day on a charge, but its up to full steam at one day now...:rolleyes:

I wouldn't make any rash decisions, Jelly Bean is due out soon.

Thanks for the tags :whistling:

Just buy the iphone. Its number one for a reason, i resisted for a long time and now in hindsit i should have just bought it.

I'm just not an Apple person - at the moment. 4S is nearly outdated now and have to have something soon and think the Samsung and HTC are more modern plus remember reading somewhere on line that much much easier to use HTC/Samsung for a hotspot.

I will say though App range is probably better with the iPhone.

Nokia have just shot themselves in the foot by not keeping up.

How do you find the HTC for the rough and tumble as I'm sure with you it has seen some action :D

Look no further than Sony Ericsson.

Tags aren't mine, I like them though. I'll add my two now to prove my innocents once and for all:D

Apparently the new Samsung is more advanced than an iphone
Other half wanting one not sure how shell get on with it as she struggles with the control's on a dishwasher. Seen it last week in a shop looks to big for my pocket

How do you find the HTC for the rough and tumble as I'm sure with you it has seen some action :D
i bought a seidio case for it, its dear by the time it gets to here but its about the best of out there.
the otter case is more popular but it carries the screen out, so i reckon it would last about an hour like that.
i got a rugged combo case, screen in, 2 cases one inside the other, and two sizes of holder.
i broke the clip on the hd cover a few months ago so now im down to the cover underneath, its a lot slimmer this way and so far so good, the case is lasting.
it gets a horrid amount of abuse to be fair to it.
Apparently the new Samsung is more advanced than an iphone
Other half wanting one not sure how shell get on with it as she struggles with the control's on a dishwasher. Seen it last week in a shop looks to big for my pocket
:lol:

I see the s3 is "out of stock" on the vodafone site.
i always ring, wouldnt pass as much heed of the web site.
last few times they rang me to upgrade, when i upgraded to the htc last time i was originally told that they had none, then they did have some but not a hd one and it turned out that they managed to find a hd desire for me in the end up.
mind you, he did say that he would only send on a htc desire, even when i asked for a hd one, i told him if a desire landed id send it back, courrier landed with a hd one neway.
mind you, they love me, avg bill of 150 a month and im with them 20+yrs.
however, no doubt im just another number to them.
but what i am saying is, if you have a decent enuf bill with them you can throw your weight about a bit.

Back