New tractor

The JF is barely a year old so maybe to early to comment but so far so good, its never let us down, the keenan we had before gave a bit of bother.

the JF is far more manoeuvrable for the same size machine and seems to mix better. We have the pro feed on it so the feeder and office computer can talk to upload the rations and that, had PACE on the keenan but the boss wasnt kee on the ongoing payment

Can't say I blame him. It's enough to buy a machine without having an ongoing payment for a bit of fancy tech.

Can't say I blame him. It's enough to buy a machine without having an ongoing payment for a bit of fancy tech.

The pro feed on the JF was extra to buy but after that there was no costs and it seems easier to alter the rations than the keenan, I didnt have much to do with it but the keenan seemed like they wanted to have it so you couldnt adjust it yourself.

I've seen a few NC 3000/3500g tankers in blue and they look nice. I like the way they have changed the mudguards compared to the previous design but the old design guards were easily removed if you wanted plenty of room to work at a wheel.

What's the advantage of a ball hitch as I haven't seen anyone around my way using them and a few guys are even pulling 4000g tankers also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen a few NC 3000/3500g tankers in blue and they look nice. I like the way they have changed the mudguards compared to the previous design but the old design guards were easily removed if you wanted plenty of room to work at a wheel.

What's the advantage of a ball hitch as I haven't seen anyone around my way using them and a few guys are even pulling 4000g tankers also?

Smoother ride and far less wear are the main advantages

How much are one of these hitches?

I understand you will have to change the eye on the tanker/trailers to suit but can the ball hitch be easily an quickly changed back if you want to use the hook style hitch for silage trailers etc?

I understand you will have to change the eye on the tanker/trailers to suit but can the ball hitch be easily an quickly changed back if you want to use the hook style hitch for silage trailers etc?

They are not much more work to change than swapping between the hook and clevis hitch. one I have here on the cvx is changed by removing the pin through the ram used for push out rather than the one used for holding the hook in. Then slide the carriage out and the one with the ball in pin back in then the keeper above the ball is three bolts to fkt/remove. A lot have the keeper on the hitch and just fit as an insert same as the hook/clevis. They aren't cheap to buy think I paid around £650 for the tractor end. But was wearing the tanker ring out in 12 months. Will get a picture later of an old ring that's sat in the skip after 12 months wear. Wouldn't can tell that the ball has been used there's no wear on it. Plus has a grease nipple on it so can be kept greased better than a hook as the ring squashes most out as soon as you pick trailer up

They are not much more work to change than swapping between the hook and clevis hitch. one I have here on the cvx is changed by removing the pin through the ram used for push out rather than the one used for holding the hook in. Then slide the carriage out and the one with the ball in pin back in then the keeper above the ball is three bolts to fkt/remove. A lot have the keeper on the hitch and just fit as an insert same as the hook/clevis. They aren't cheap to buy think I paid around £650 for the tractor end. But was wearing the tanker ring out in 12 months. Will get a picture later of an old ring that's sat in the skip after 12 months wear. Wouldn't can tell that the ball has been used there's no wear on it. Plus has a grease nipple on it so can be kept greased better than a hook as the ring squashes most out as soon as you pick trailer up
A couple of pics of the ball and spoon on the tanker and one of the old ring off the tanker after 12 months wearuploadfromtaptalk1412774157253.jpguploadfromtaptalk1412774168492.jpguploadfromtaptalk1412774179679.jpg

Could the wear on the ring hitch be put down to the quality of the ring . Local contractor has 4 red rock silage trailers here 13 yrs old and ring hitches are like new trailers would have big mileage done and grease wouldn't be seen near them too often .
Swivel rings are much more prone to wear than fixed apparently but that wear rate is down right dangerous. Would have a good few hours work out of it but could easily have done more with it.

Could the wear on the ring hitch be put down to the quality of the ring . Local contractor has 4 red rock silage trailers here 13 yrs old and ring hitches are like new trailers would have big mileage done and grease wouldn't be seen near them too often .
I got 2 when we made trailers last year I see there's a nice bit of wear on one of them now and the other is barely worn.
Both had the same amount of use

Ours is just like changing from the hook to clevis, just pull the pin and swap over.

Changes in the laws will allow more weight to be carried on the ball type from 2016.

I got 2 when we made trailers last year I see there's a nice bit of wear on one of them now and the other is barely worn.
Both had the same amount of use

Dissimilar steel between the tractor hook and trailer ring, the softer steel will take all the wear , probably a hardness difference between the trailer eyes too.

Starting the last headrig

Getting there

All done

Just as well as the heavens opened on the way home

Why do I get the feeling it was easier wash your yoke than the little kubuto :D

I wish that was the case, the kubota visits the wash bay every morning and gets the full wash and soap treatment on a monday, the drill hasnt saw the washbay for a few weeks so there was plenty of soil to clean up after.

I wish that was the case, the kubota visits the wash bay every morning and gets the full wash and soap treatment on a monday, the drill hasnt saw the washbay for a few weeks so there was plenty of soil to clean up after.

Ah rite! I just remembered the pic you posted back when you had the one on demo and I was thinking it would probably have inches of crud on it but daily washing wouldn't be to bad then!

Back