NH/Fiats

Very tidy 980 here.https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/fait-980-dt/19137084

MWQ5MGIxNjNkNTQwYmJhNGEyMjZjMjJjYmI4NGM4ODMHLxzd2X5ABDA1h-UHYct2aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDQwOTMxNDZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Thats a firat 9090 with bolt on turbo. Works good but now have overheating issue. Do you guys know how i can relaove this?

Thats a firat 9090 with bolt on turbo. Works good but now have overheating issue. Do you guys know how i can relaove this?
I think you said that you had fitted a larger radiator and fan so maybe the problem is being caused by the thermostat or the water pump not letting the coolant flow quick enough. Is it actually boiling or just showing high on the gauge, might be a faulty sender unit.

I think you said that you had fitted a larger radiator and fan so maybe the problem is being caused by the thermostat or the water pump not letting the coolant flow quick enough. Is it actually boiling or just showing high on the gauge, might be a faulty sender unit.

Yeah the radiator have same size but bigger tubes. I didnt change the fan. The fan is 4 blade. I was wondering if there is a 6 blade option that can be mounted onto the puller or is there a smaller pulley so it will spin faster. I put an additional pusher fan infront the radiator. However the A/C condenser is infront the radiator then the pusher fan. When i was NA it used to be below normal working. The water not boiling up. Just that gauge showing it going to 3/4 and climbing. I will cut the top hose and put a external gauge and use as refrence cause i also believe the gauge faulty. I installed a oil cooler with a fan to cool the engine oil also. I remove the thermostat but the temp goes higher cause its not geting sufficent cooling. I test it also so its working. So i think a smaller pulley or a 6 blade fan will solve the problem if the sesnor is not the issue.

The tractor still have the oil bath air cooler. Do i need to put a dry filter or i can continue with the same?

The tractor still have the oil bath air cooler. Do i need to put a dry filter or i can continue with the same?
the 110/90 here is turboed and she has an oil bath filter and has been no trouble, tractors run hotter after fitting a turbo has your tractor actually boiled over or is it just showing hotter on the gauge ?

Yeah the radiator have same size but bigger tubes. I didnt change the fan. The fan is 4 blade. I was wondering if there is a 6 blade option that can be mounted onto the puller or is there a smaller pulley so it will spin faster. I put an additional pusher fan infront the radiator. However the A/C condenser is infront the radiator then the pusher fan. When i was NA it used to be below normal working. The water not boiling up. Just that gauge showing it going to 3/4 and climbing. I will cut the top hose and put a external gauge and use as refrence cause i also believe the gauge faulty. I installed a oil cooler with a fan to cool the engine oil also. I remove the thermostat but the temp goes higher cause its not geting sufficent cooling. I test it also so its working. So i think a smaller pulley or a 6 blade fan will solve the problem if the sesnor is not the issue.
Usually if the tractor is not under severe load and producing a lot of black smoke the radiator should be able to cool it enough. From previous experience a new core on the radiator has done wonders for a normal temperature. Can you get the rad flow tested? Or check for hot spots around the rad using an infra red digital thermometer?

the 110/90 here is turboed and she has an oil bath filter and has been no trouble, tractors run hotter after fitting a turbo has your tractor actually boiled over or is it just showing hotter on the gauge ?

I cannot say if its boiling over but i see the coolant bottle been filled up by the rad. Well good to know my filter is ok as is. Yes its showing hotter on gauge. So i plan to out another gauge to see if there is any defect in that aspect.

Usually if the tractor is not under severe load and producing a lot of black smoke the radiator should be able to cool it enough. From previous experience a new core on the radiator has done wonders for a normal temperature. Can you get the rad flow tested? Or check for hot spots around the rad using an infra red digital thermometer?

Well its under load. Pulling a 16 blade wheel harrow on clay soil. But it dont black smike, we adjust to suit the turbo. My plan is to get an external temp sensor installed. But i was checking to see if there is optional pulley or fan to bolt on

Back