NH/Fiats

Someone in Bandon had one years ago with the arse of a Volvo dump truck behind it, was some sight and sound when loaded.

Someone in Bandon had one years ago with the arse of a Volvo dump truck behind it, was some sight and sound when loaded.
Theres a few tractors i've always wanted and a ford 8970 is one of em. I know that the transmission is a horrible price to fix but i've always liked the way they looked.

Yes, the job the press was doing and the sound of that Fiat :tt1:

For basic gear, it would be able to get through fair acres in good sized fields.
I can arrange pleasure cruises with a JF around the end of May if your anxious.... or any day you fancy with a tanker but slurry wouldn't be your style.

Yes, the job the press was doing and the sound of that Fiat :tt1:

For basic gear, it would be able to get through fair acres in good sized fields.

There wouldn't want to be too many stones in the field either with the speed he was doing!

I'd imagine most were two wheel drive rather than the four wheel drive like above.

Same engine as a 100/90.
Seen a video on YouTube way back showing a fiat 1000 flying mowing with a conditioner mower and a 1580 fiat working a mengele 40

Not the video I'm looking for but the same outfit!
I know the man that owns that outfit very well, he is a neighbor of mine a proper gentleman if ever there was one. One night last harvest he had a terrible disaster. He had been cutting barley that day and .when he stopped in the evening he brought the combine into the yard and put it in the shed, he never left anything outside if he could at all. Later that night everything he had went up on fire and was totally destroyed. Eight tractors mostly old Fiats two of them fiat 1000s one he had from new forty years ago. Michigan loader,silage harvester, corn drill, trailers,mower, baler, combine and lots more.Most of it old but in very good order, all destroyed in one night.

I know the man that owns that outfit very well, he is a neighbor of mine a proper gentleman if ever there was one. One night last harvest he had a terrible disaster. He had been cutting barley that day and .when he stopped in the evening he brought the combine into the yard and put it in the shed, he never left anything outside if he could at all. Later that night everything he had went up on fire and was totally destroyed. Eight tractors mostly old Fiats two of them fiat 1000s one he had from new forty years ago. Michigan loader,silage harvester, corn drill, trailers,mower, baler, combine and lots more.Most of it old but in very good order, all destroyed in one night.
Can't like that. Jesus what an awful accident. I know it's only machinery but it's a life's work at the same time. Did he replace with similar stuff or how did he go about getting the place back together

Can't like that. Jesus what an awful accident. I know it's only machinery but it's a life's work at the same time. Did he replace with similar stuff or how did he go about getting the place back together
Yea, he is getting a few things again. He had cut back a fair bit on the contracting in recent years. So I don’t think he will be replacing everything. As you said terrible thing to happen after he spending so long putting them together.

Yea, he is getting a few things again. He had cut back a fair bit on the contracting in recent years. So I don’t think he will be replacing everything. As you said terrible thing to happen after he spending so long putting them together.
Terrible thing to happen. Lost a tractor fees years ago to a fire so I know the feeling

In a way, good to hear He's picking up the pieces again. It would be Very easy To Be disillusioned after that happening to you.

Lots of stuff was irreplaceable no doubt.

Big money for What It Is but a very tidy example none the less.
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/tractor/21766846

May turn the computer sideways....

MGZlZTU0N2EwYzcwMTdkOGM0MWRmZDIzNTBkOWFkZTiEKy6oTzWl1fX6H3SdetFWaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjM4MzM4Nzl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Back