Nozzles and water and speed

Quick question lads getting new nozzles for the hardi. If your going different colour nozzle is there different colour filters you have to get aswell or do they each take the same nozzle filter
I personally wouldn't bother with the nozzle filters. The last sprayer here had them and it wasn't unusual to have a blocked nozzle. The present sprayer doesn't have nozzle filters but it does have an inline filter and I've yet to get out and clear a blocked nozzle.

Was looking at nozzles today does it make any difference if the tips of the nozzles are red or black the holders are all red anyway

What do replace the nozzle filter with as Hardi needs it to fill the space or am I missing something?

Was looking at nozzles today does it make any difference if the tips of the nozzles are red or black the holders are all red anyway
The red caps with black tips are probably hardy's old system, (when they knew better than everyone else) 4110/16s and the red tips in red caps are probably the new system ISO 04's, you would need to read the small print on the tips.

The red caps with black tips are probably hardy's old system, (when they knew better than everyone else) 4110/16s and the red tips in red caps are probably the new system ISO 04's, you would need to read the small print on the tips.
Yep they are both 110 16 what does the 16 mean?

Yep they are both 110 16 what does the 16 mean?
The 16 is to do with the output, hardi have abandoned the users of their older nozzles with out much support, maybe some of the older hardi heads on here might have the output charts for them, but hardi don't seem to want people to know anymore.
Best I can find is they are in between 0.25 (lilac) and 0.3 (blue)
http://en.calameo.com/read/000633029500146823c22

The 16 is to do with the output, hardi have abandoned the users of their older nozzles with out much support, maybe some of the older hardi heads on here might have the output charts for them, but hardi don't seem to want people to know anymore.
Best I can find is they are in between 0.25 (lilac) and 0.3 (blue)
http://en.calameo.com/read/000633029500146823c22

Hopefully this link works....
https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&sour...7LWxbPZe4mb7wCsLg&sig2=F9Pt7hro4PKaMNytq2DHSg

It gives a graphic comparing the older 4110 nozzles with the newer colour coded ones on page 7.

useful chart there, want to spray grassland at 100L per acre at 10 kph may get a brown set going by that chart or would 10 kph be too fast on grassland?
10 kph is fine on grassland unless you have a wide boom in small paddocks in which case slower will be easier.

Currently spraying 100l an ac on grass at 6km it`s . Is there any reason why i could`nt drop the water volume down to 70/80 l an ac . Would increase the ac `s i could cover per fill and forward speed would increase another advantage .

Currently spraying 100l an ac on grass at 6km it`s . Is there any reason why i could`nt drop the water volume down to 70/80 l an ac . Would increase the ac `s i could cover per fill and forward speed would increase another advantage .

It depends on what you are spraying really.

I presume it is for docks so you might be better sticking where you are.

Assuming it's docks your after I wouldn't cut the water rate. I spray the same rate per acre as yourself at 7.2 kmh at 3.25 bar.

It's docks all right . Feck it anyway have about 5 miles of a trek with each load to an out far at work was hoping to get a bit more out of each load . Changing nozzles is the only solution so .
It depends on what you are spraying really.

I presume it is for docks so you might be better sticking where you are.

Assuming it's docks your after I wouldn't cut the water rate. I spray the same rate per acre as yourself at 7.2 kmh at 3.25 bar.

It's docks all right . Feck it anyway have about 5 miles of a trek with each load to an out far at work was hoping to get a bit more out of each load . Changing nozzles is the only solution so .
How many litres would you be short of to do it in one load?. I have to admit I would cut the water rate if I going to be short. I'd safely chance 80 litres in your position and i'd add an extra bit of spray to strengthen the mix a bit. What are you using?

There`d be 4/5 load`s in it if not a bit more . There`s plenty ground there that need`s spraying . The farm is split into 6 and 3 ac field`s had hoped to do 12 ac per load to void doing half a field . Reckon i`ll stay at the 100 if it did`nt kill as well at the 80 i`d be listening to it :no: . Its hurler (left since last year ) i`m using at the minute there was another brand got today supposedly hurler`s replacement
How many litres would you be short of to do it in one load?. I have to admit I would cut the water rate if I going to be short. I'd safely chance 80 litres in your position and i'd add an extra bit of spray to strengthen the mix a bit. What are you using?

There`d be 4/5 load`s in it if not a bit more . There`s plenty ground there that need`s spraying . The farm is split into 6 and 3 ac field`s had hoped to do 12 ac per load to void doing half a field . Reckon i`ll stay at the 100 if it did`nt kill as well at the 80 i`d be listening to it :no: . Its hurler (left since last year ) i`m using at the minute there was another brand got today supposedly hurler`s replacement
It's binder that was got to replace hurler

Hurler, Reaper, Binder and others are generic Starane, (fluroxypur).
I've used Reaper a couple of times on headlands that suffer with that dirty feckin cleaver or sticky back as some call it. Horrible stuff for wrapping around the combine reel. And of coarse there's always a thistle in there for good measure when pulling it off.

As good a place as any for this . Anyone here got an attachment for the sprayer for spraying along electric fences . Sprayer st work has a lance for the job a pain literally to use on your own . Quick google is throwing up ditch sprayer for €300 or more . Seems excessive for 3 nozzles and a bit of piping .

As good a place as any for this . Anyone here got an attachment for the sprayer for spraying along electric fences . Sprayer st work has a lance for the job a pain literally to use on your own . Quick google is throwing up ditch sprayer for €300 or more . Seems excessive for 3 nozzles and a bit of piping .
Make your own:Thumbp2:
Pipe and nozzle holders are cheap

Make your own:Thumbp2:
Pipe and nozzle holders are cheap
That's what I was thinking . Must inquire about the length of pipe and other bit's . Now 2 nozzles or 3 one's I've seen advertised have 2 together st the bottom albeit the lower one at a 45 dig angle . Is there a need for that ? .

Back