Other Media

Toastfighter

Oranges are not the only fruit and the Journal isn't the only rag, so what else is going on in the media lala land? Does anybody look at Agriland or That's Farming? I guess somebody must for they continue to exist while Farm and Plant doesn't get involved in anything too radical and Irish Farmers Monthly is subscription only, does anybody read those either? For my part I was hoping that someone would question the FTMTA auction or think outside the box on the brexit question, but no joy on either it seems.

Agriland is getting more tabloid I fear. Each week for the past few weeks there has been an article on it about wills gone through the Probate Office. I don't see what business that is of anyone to be very honest.

Agriland is getting more tabloid I fear. Each week for the past few weeks there has been an article on it about wills gone through the Probate Office. I don't see what business that is of anyone to be very honest.

This whole online news thing puzzles me. If you are RTE or the BBC then it makes sense, public broadcasters spending public money informing the public, just so long as the news is unbiased, but that's another story. What all online news channels need is a constant and consistent stream of news and neither of the two mentioned appear to be providing that at the moment. Papers such as Journal, Farmers Guardian and, to a certain extent, the Irish Farmers Monthly can adapt their print stories for the web and they do so quite successfully, although I'd much rather read them in print form where they seem to carry more weight. Most importantly of all the advertisers want to see a good site with fresh news, one that viewers will come back to on a regular basis and I'm just not seeing that with the online only news outlets.

No one's business really but it doesn't stop us having a gawk.......:laugh: one of the Sunday rags used to publish the details of wills, maybe they still do.

I wonder how chuffed MF are to see two of their 7600 machines, both with burnt out cabs, feature in Ned Murphy's advert in the latest Farm and Plant.

No one's business really but it doesn't stop us having a gawk.......:laugh: one of the Sunday rags used to publish the details of wills, maybe they still do.

They stopped doing the probate thing for a couple of years , but are showing it again for the last number of months.

Back