Pictures of Mulholland Plant Hire's Machinery

Hows it going James are these what your after?? There not that great a quality pics but there the best i can get

Attachments

• Photo0041.jpg
    Photo0041.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Photo0040.jpg
    Photo0040.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Photo0043.jpg
    Photo0043.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Photo0042.jpg
    Photo0042.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 97
looks like you've the same blade as me. mine needs new teeth after cutting a hedge that i was assured was clear of anything only to find stones and metal posts:thumbdown:. do you put new teeth on yourself or get someone to do it??

We get the man that does our bucket repairs to do it. Its just welded on and then shaped with the grinder. We carry a we cordless grinder with us and run her round it in the mornings. gives a nicer cut. Wha make of saw you working with james?? We had baldes before that wornt worth a dam. Kept bending and cracking. So we got a man to cut us out 3 blades from Hardox (400 i think) Never looked behind them since. Brilliant job. Aw none of them like the posts or stones lol. What sorta cab protection you got? We have steel guards around the cabs. But you could still loss a window even with them.

not sure of the make - its the same as alexander mills sell only we bought it direct off the manufacturer few yrs ago. don't do major amounts with it - tends to vary every yr. to be honest don't have any protection reckon if the blade comes off it'll do what it likes anyhow:sad: i just be as careful as i can

our welding man was going to charge us the price of a new blade to retooth ours so not sure what to do. like you say ours has a bit of a bend in it too probably caused by getting jammed

Last edited:
imo it depends what you're cutting. def need to have your head about you and think about what your doing
i often thought about one but the danger of it botheres me.
dont know if there would be work for one about here either, dont think so tbh.

Aye its probly a AR. our older 1 is AR and the other is a copy of it. with heavier berans. Awk i wouldnt say it puts ur heart in your mouth. but u definetly need your wits about. You wouldnt wanta be letting just any gabshite lose on her. :laugh: Jesus James if i was you i'd get something rund the cab. Last year on the last day of cutting before the ban. I was sawing and a piece of stick scited aff the blade came between the bars on our grill smashed throw windscreen and bust my eyebrow open. If it hada been an inch lower god knows what the out come would ave been.

Heres a few more pictures to add to this thread

Attachments

• Photo1364.jpg
    Photo1364.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 158
  • Photo1634.jpg
    Photo1634.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Photo1656.jpg
    Photo1656.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 143
  • Photo2392.jpg
    Photo2392.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Photo0647.jpg
    Photo0647.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 131
That's a handy little trailer in the first pic. What make is it if you don't mind me asking :thumbup1: No shortage of gear in that yard. Nice and tidy too

And a few more

Attachments

• Photo0645.jpg
    Photo0645.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Image083.jpg
    Image083.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 138
  • Photo0287.jpg
    Photo0287.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Photo0690.jpg
    Photo0690.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Photo1726.jpg
    Photo1726.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 134
Hello Mike Its a Thompson Gp14. It was the very last dump trailer Tbf Thompson sold before they finished. It mite look handy bt it isnt. The front door opens down and you drive in over the draw bar. It has a few bad points.

1 it takes forever to set it up. your in and outa the tractor like a yo yo
2 When you have digger inside you have very little room for buckets
3 You cant slew round inside.(with a 3tonner)
4 You need dry ground when loading because the weight of the digger makes her sink into the ground. and then its a bolloks to get hooked on again.

Attachments

• machinery 059.jpg
    machinery 059.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 111
  • machinery 066.jpg
    machinery 066.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 116
  • machinery 067.jpg
    machinery 067.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 114
  • machinery 068.jpg
    machinery 068.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 116
Hi jim. Thanks for letting me know :thumbup1:
Ah I see, its more of a hindrence than a help so. Looks well built though. Low loader a way handier so ya.

How does the taildoor work on it jimbo? Is it on a set of spools on its own or mechanical or what? If it lowers on a set of spools could you weld a cleat out the top of it for catching a ramp on to and off load out the back? This would mean no unhooking.

Awk its definatly a gud strong well built trailer. Its handy if ur headn away sumwhere that requires a mini digger and a dump trailer. You can take both in 1go. The enddoor is great. Nufn ever gets stuck in it. We actuly modifed the enddor on our mccauley trailer to b the same! If ur thinkn of buyn sumthing like this a set of ramps goin in over the back door would b a far handier option than the front loadin door. Any more questions dont b afreid to ask. ;-)

Aw its definatly a gud strong well built trailer. Its handy if ur headn away sumwhere that requires a mini digger and a dump trailer. You can take both in 1go. The enddoor is great. Nufn ever gets stuck in it. We actuly modifed the enddor on our mccauley trailer to b the same! If ur thinkn of buyn sumthing like this a set of ramps goin in over the back door would b a far handier option than the front loadin door. Any more questions dont b scard to ask. ;-)

Hello paddy! Sory musta been writen dat last post when ur reply came threw. Its on spoil valves and what u said waz 100% correct. Bt with the laws requardin dump trailers on the road. We've startd to use a lorry. And the dump trailers spend most time parkd up in the yard. We must ave the Gp14 5-6 years and i'd say there waz a digger in it 8times at most!

Hello paddy! Sory musta been writen dat last post when ur reply came threw. Its on spoil valves and what u said waz 100% correct. Bt with the laws requardin dump trailers on the road. We've startd to use a lorry. And the dump trailers spend most time parkd up in the yard. We must ave the Gp14 5-6 years and i'd say there waz a digger in it 8times at most!

as the man says..... snap.

did you take that pic of it recently?, if you did you have been a lot kinder to yours than i have mine.

i often wondered where that trailer went to, it was made along with mine, they were the two last ones indeed, iirc only about 5-7 of them in ireland altogether.
altho i dont have the ramps on mine.

id say you have it a tad longer hi.

iirc they were originally made for denmark, but with a 3mm floor i think, i know it was light neway.

i got them to do a few xtras on mine, i got the back door beefed up so as i could push with it, a top door too and 12mm hardox in the floor and 6mm on the sides.
all in all a very handy trailer ive found, way more uses than a std dump trailer.:thumbup1:

Attachments

• DSCF0201 modified better.jpg
    DSCF0201 modified better.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 165
Hello tinman. Small world eh. Yip theres very few of them around. Although i saw 1 in magherafelt lastweek. and theres a boy arnold palmer from newtownards area has a blue1. The equip magazine done a write up about TBF Thompson closeing and came out and took photos of our trailer to feature in it. Iirc we got heavy floor in ours aswell. Heres a ween more recent picture of it. And also our McCauley trailer that we modified the enddoor on. Where abouts are you from tinman??

Attachments

• Photo0897.jpg
    Photo0897.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Photo1390.jpg
    Photo1390.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Photo1992.jpg
    Photo1992.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Photo1382.jpg
    Photo1382.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Photo0895.jpg
    Photo0895.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 147
she looks about the same condition as mine, altho id say mine is a tad worse for wear than yours.
she needs another set of rubber again and a shoeing.
down on the fermanagh border hi.

Hello tinman. I done abit of homework on our trailer and we got her around 04 time. I also looked in a few Plant and Civil engineer and Equip mags i have in the house and found 2 more. 1 with the front loading sold to a boy McGee from larne and another Simalir spec to your own to aboy Neely from Limavady. And as i said a fela from newtownards direction has 1 painted blue. and I'v been wreaking my head alday Tryna remember the name wrote on the one i saw in magherafelt a few weeks ago. So thats 6counted for Only one more to go. lol Heres a few pictures There not great quality tinman but you get the idea. I had a picture of the blue 1 aswell but cant find it. The mag musta got chucked out. I can picture it in my head. he had her hooked onto a newholland and was filling soil into the trailer with a New Zx30 mini digger. (jesus i have a sad life) lol

Attachments

• Photo0117.jpg
    Photo0117.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Photo0119.jpg
    Photo0119.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Photo0122.jpg
    Photo0122.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Photo0123.jpg
    Photo0123.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 76
i thought i had her longer, but i know the time got her i wanted them to build a tri axle lowloader for me and after having it mentioned at the last meeting they wouldnt do it for me as they were winding up.

its a pity they closed it, the stuff was excellent imo.

Heres a few pictures to update this thread abit

Attachments

• Photo0299.jpg
    Photo0299.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Photo0198.jpg
    Photo0198.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Photo0336.jpg
    Photo0336.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Photo0355.jpg