Pictures..Old and newish!

Next in line for a bit of a freshen up. It's been on the long finger a while and its well worth doing I think. She's perfect mechanical wise. I'll try and get some pics up as it goes along.

Good Year tyres are quite rare now . Lovely little tractor . It got a donor engine from an MF 40 loader .
Keep us posted .

Bit of a update on the auld 35. It's more or less ready to go back together. Needs new rims and tyres but it might not get them this year. She will be well tidied up all the same and a big improvement on what it was.

Attachments

• IMG_20221116_171239.jpg
    IMG_20221116_171239.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 82
Just about finished, will get the wheels and rims sorted next year. It doesn't do a lot but I'd hate to be without it. The ex60 is next for some tlc. It mightnt be as thorough a job as @Endah done but it's needs doing...pictures to follow at some stage!

Attachments

• Snapchat-2025894309.jpg
    Snapchat-2025894309.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Snapchat-1410733792.jpg
    Snapchat-1410733792.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 115
Just about finished, will get the wheels and rims sorted next year. It doesn't do a lot but I'd hate to be without it. The ex60 is next for some tlc. It mightnt be as thorough a job as @Endah done but it's needs doing...pictures to follow at some stage!
At the time without knowing it, I went full retard. Call me anytime if you think you're headed on the same path and Ile talk you down 😆. 35 looks well, looking forward to the 60 👌.

Fleet photo the other day, prob won't be as clean again till winter is done. Over 50 years in the differ from oldest to newest. Fairly sure they don't make them like they used to!

Ooh , suits you . Lovely collection .
The 35 looks beautiful. Big new rubber on the back would be the job ....

eire23, is that the original dipper on the 60,it seems very long,there is a short one on mine but could do with something like what you have

eire23, is that the original dipper on the 60,it seems very long,there is a short one on mine but could do with something like what you have
Well it's the original one to us. It was advertised as a long dipper so always persumed it was original. It gives her a nice bit of reach but manus the time ya wish she had a bit more. Its easy moved so that makes up for it.

What’s the pen dimensions?
How many ewes per pen?
Should have this replied to scoff, kept meaning to have tape with me.
Their all standard bay size, 15 ft 9" long.
One shed had 19ft 6" deep pens. Had 33/34 ewes in each pen one year. They were tight but kept plenty of feed in front of them and it worked grand.
The other sheds are 15ft 8" deep bays and put 25 ewes in them.
If they were sheared it would be a better job for more feed space but the weather in the spring here doesn't suit normally.
The pic is 25 ewes in the 15,8" deep pen.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1943343137.jpg
    Snapchat-1943343137.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 38
Should have this replied to scoff, kept meaning to have tape with me.
Their all standard bay size, 15 ft 9" long.
One shed had 19ft 6" deep pens. Had 33/34 ewes in each pen one year. They were tight but kept plenty of feed in front of them and it worked grand.
The other sheds are 15ft 8" deep bays and put 25 ewes in them.
If they were sheared it would be a better job for more feed space but the weather in the spring here doesn't suit normally.
The pic is 25 ewes in the 15,8" deep pen.
pen of nice ewes there lad, what all breeding is in them,looks to be a good shot of texel anways.
is the beltex still a popular ram nowadays

pen of nice ewes there lad, what all breeding is in them,looks to be a good shot of texel anways.
is the beltex still a popular ram nowadays
Their pure lleyn, no Texel at all in them. Just always try and put a nice square lleyn ram with them, not one with his two front legs meeting.
Never had a beltex, often thought about getting one for the ewe lambs but then there's the hassle of lambing ewe lambs so I never done it.

Back