Pig Slurry Value

lough

I could get pig slurry if I wanted it but it would cost around 80-100 euro to get 6000 gal delivered and then roughly another 50 euro on top of that to spread the 6000 gal. Would it be worth it?

Jaysus that’s expensive. I can and do get it for €25/6000 gallon lorry load.
I paid €1000 for 100,000gallons in the spring spread and all with the umbilical on the maize ground it’s nearly as much as I’d want to pay, don’t know what others would think, used pay €50 per 6000G dropped into a tank on a year it was scarce and free when they wanted rid of it maybe 6 miles away.

All depends on what type of slurry you're getting, we have been getting pig slurry for a number of years and there is huge variation in the content. Good slurry from a fattening unit is well worth that money and more I would say.

When i have time i draw it for free to spread on my land, if i had to pay for it then i would defo not use it as bag fert would work out just as cheap. Advantage of pig slurry for me is the trace elements.

Going by available N P K values I’d put a value of about €20 per 1000 gallons spread. To get proper value out of the N value you either need to plough it in or apply it with a trailing shoe in dull damp weather.

Back