Poured walls - tie rod holes

Blizzard95

Anyone know where could these be purchased?

Attachments

• DAD9F26A-AA3B-43CF-AC34-79B508A98DE3.png
    DAD9F26A-AA3B-43CF-AC34-79B508A98DE3.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 149
Try Heiton Buckley or any reinforcing shutter hire company........................................................

I know nothing about building silage pit walls , but that is what they all use in slatted tanks around here .
Which would you prefer in a slurry tank, the plastic plug or a cement plug, just wondering on the merits of either.

Plastic plugs on the tanks here with 10 yrs now no issues . It takes a few whacks of a lump hammer to drive in the plastic plug . I question the use of the cement paste more as it expected to bond to plastic of the tube and no great depth of paste used either down the tube . Seen a silage wall that was poured near 10 month`s before pit silage was put in it and the seepage out through cracks in the wall would sicken you . Mind not a drop was coming through the tubes which were cement sealed
Which would you prefer in a slurry tank, the plastic plug or a cement plug, just wondering on the merits of either.

Plastic but if it’s a tank they need to be put in both sides of the wall so ground water doesn’t push them in if the tank is empty and there’s no pressure holding back against them

Does anyone just not use sleaves and cut the rod flush at the end?
Not done it here, but would save a fair bit of time when setting up.

Does anyone just not use sleaves and cut the rod flush at the end?
Not done it here, but would save a fair bit of time when setting up.
You obviously never had to purchase whirly rods so! Not easy on pocket

You obviously never had to purchase whirly rods so! Not easy on pocket
Quoted £16 for a 6m length here once (I think!) Would get a lot done from a length and guaranteed seal on the wall?

Dunno. Not done the sums. Did consider it the last time I poured walls but the shutters we borrowed had wide box frames so would need a lot of rod for one hole.

Suppose one thing is that the plastic rod sleves give you a guide on width.

Back