Power washer

Sounds like a good buy MM, especially when the dealer is local and a 2 yr warranty, for nothing really.

Ended up buying a 2200 psi, 9 litre/min petrol power washer from a local dealer @ €400 last week. It has a briggs and stratton engine which is pretty reliable and very servicable and a Troy pump. Its a pretty standard one with 5 removable nozzles including a turbo nozzle. The dealer gave a 2 year warranty on it and he is well placed to service it in the future. The equivalent honda engine power washer was coming in at a minimum of €800. I felt that I could not justify this price for the amount of work that I will be doing with it. But I feel that I got a good engined washer at the right price That said, it will be ideal for washing cars, jeep, machinery etc. Have to paint the house this year for the first time and there is a scum on it - powerwasher will apply detergent to remove it. Tested it yesterday and very happy with it overall.

Fair does mucky sounds like you got a very good deal on the washer. On the detergents side of things though just be careful to make sure it gets a very very good rinsing of clean water afterwards. If you leave the detergent on for a couple of days it will clean every bit of the walls for you. Cheapest bleach you can get will work as good as anything else [MENTION=5120]muckymanor[/MENTION] :thumbup2::thumbup2:

Sounds like a good buy MM, especially when the dealer is local and a 2 yr warranty, for nothing really.

Sounds very small money, cost me €275 incl 13.5% vat to service the Karcher, pump seals, igniter for the burner, a seal for the nozzle and a wee valve.

Sounds very small money, cost me €275 incl 13.5% vat to service the Karcher, pump seals, igniter for the burner, a seal for the nozzle and a wee valve.

Where do you get the karcher serviced ? Sounds pricey enough, but karcher parts are expensive.

These lads Bob, http://www.goldenpages.ie/power-wash-products-new-ross/10/ , give them a call if interested, they will want to know the model number and will quote you for a basic service which is call out, seals in the pump, new nozzle and if it's a hot wash a new igniter for the burner, anything else needed will be extra.

Cheers, it's not giving any trouble but I have it near 3 years and was thinking about getting it serviced recently. I wonder are they meant to be serviced regularly ? it's a hds 601. I must ask the crowd I bought it off and see what they charge to compare prices.

Cheers, it's not giving any trouble but I have it near 3 years and was thinking about getting it serviced recently. I wonder are they meant to be serviced regularly ? it's a hds 601. I must ask the crowd I bought it off and see what they charge to compare prices.

It's a newer version of mine so, the service lad is very knowledgable but if your washer is working fine there is no need to do anything with it, as I said previous they will replace the nozzle jet, igniter and pump seals as a basic service but there is no point in spending money unless you have problems in these areas.

Have a Karcher here thats 5 or 6 years old now. A noise suppressor and 2 capacitors are all I've put in it. Done a serious amount of washing for me now and never serviced any of it other then changing the oil that lubes the pump swash plate and pistons.

You're talking about 2 very different machines. What I bought is a very basic and simple power washer. No heater, low enough pressure. It's basically an engine connected to a pump on a steel frame. I can get a replacement pump for mine at under €100. The engine is about the only thing servicable on mine - if anything else gives bother a replacement would be the best option.

You're talking about 2 very different machines. What I bought is a very basic and simple power washer. No heater, low enough pressure. It's basically an engine connected to a pump on a steel frame. I can get a replacement pump for mine at under €100. The engine is about the only thing servicable on mine - if anything else gives bother a replacement would be the best option.

They're different alright but the only part I got that wouldn't be in yours is the igniter for the burner. In terms of output they are pretty close.

They're different alright but the only part I got that wouldn't be in yours is the igniter for the burner. In terms of output they are pretty close.

Any power washer that I looked at had warnings about not using hot water in them because it damages the seals. I'd imagine that you are looking at a lot more for seals suitable for handling hot water.

Any power washer that I looked at had warnings about not using hot water in them because it damages the seals. I'd imagine that you are looking at a lot more for seals suitable for handling hot water.

I'm fairly sure the pump only handles the water cold in the hot wash ones. I am open to correction on that.

Just got my Kranzle serviced. Jet for burner changed, oil in pump changed, o ring in Lance end replaced and detergent valve replaced, €130 all in.

If you buy that one then okay, but i recommend you to go through with reviews on internet, I was looking for best pressure washer for my car cleaning services (no i will not promote my business :lol: ), i purchased Simpson ps3228-s pressure washer but that was my bad, it was not long lasting. Now i'm looking for best industrial pressure washer and researching 2 hours daily for final decision.

Last edited:
Lads have a gerni electric power washer here at home . Been out of action for the last six months . Had a look at it today . Have power going to the motor but no stir from the motor take it the motor is Knackered in this case .

Attachments

• 4309FA33-08EB-4ACE-B296-2937065CBFE4.jpeg
    4309FA33-08EB-4ACE-B296-2937065CBFE4.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 73F1B948-DF64-4303-9933-76946367E446.jpeg
    73F1B948-DF64-4303-9933-76946367E446.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 9306E075-EF96-4E97-9FD0-C15C088488D9.jpeg
    9306E075-EF96-4E97-9FD0-C15C088488D9.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 44
  • FBF0D298-3CD1-4FE5-B66F-A5FFCEE74BA9.jpeg
    FBF0D298-3CD1-4FE5-B66F-A5FFCEE74BA9.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 41
It’s also possible the pump is stuck from lying up but I think it would trip the switch

That looks good to me next think is the capacitor. Hard to test so I’d try replacing as it’s not dear.
Got a capacitor for it this morning still not a kick out of it . Now on looking at the capacitor i got it`s not exactly the same as what i had . Bottom one is original

It’s also possible the pump is stuck from lying up but I think it would trip the switch
Have the pump stripped from it , motor is free turning by hand .

Attachments

• DCB14D9A-1242-4A94-84D2-9E4C1A778F35.jpeg
    DCB14D9A-1242-4A94-84D2-9E4C1A778F35.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 31
Got a capacitor for it this morning still not a kick out of it . Now on looking at the capacitor i got it`s not exactly the same as what i had . Bottom one is original

Have the pump stripped from it , motor is free turning by hand .
5 microfarads of a difference should be ok to work.

Back