Price of parts

Didn't buy it just priced it, there's 2 different types on at £600 the other at £1100. Rang an independent who quoted £395 for the cheaper type and £1400 for the other :scratchhead:
what make are the one on yours and what size?

what make are the one on yours and what size?
Not looked that close yet just was in dealers so asked the price as I know its needed, if price gad been half reasonable would just have ordered it without shopping round but will look round next week

Not looked that close yet just was in dealers so asked the price as I know its needed, if price gad been half reasonable would just have ordered it without shopping round but will look round next week
There's two different types listed for yours, don't suppose you know which part number they tapped in? Got to ring Hydrokit on Monday about something else I can ask the price if you want because the ones I've had in the past have been hydac ones which is oem for case. 0.8 litre ones I've had for other things have been about £100 ish.

there was a thread about newholland accumulators on tff not too long ago. you could have a look?

Don't really know if this is price of parts or price of labour, we'll call it price of the 'grand total'...................Talking to a guy today who had a dealer out to change the isolater switch (neutral for starting) on a massey 390T, would be about 40 mins travelling each way, had to take the floor out of the cab by sounds so took no more than 2 hrs...........................................£500+vat, said he threw the bill across the kitchen when he opened it!!!

Don't really know if this is price of parts or price of labour, we'll call it price of the 'grand total'...................Talking to a guy today who had a dealer out to change the isolater switch (neutral for starting) on a massey 390T, would be about 40 mins travelling each way, had to take the floor out of the cab by sounds so took no more than 2 hrs...........................................£500+vat, said he threw the bill across the kitchen when he opened it!!!
ya if you cant do your own repairs it can be difficult to make ends meet.

Are we going to reach a point where nearly all repair work will require a dealer to plug a laptop in, even for relatively simple things?

I think the machine owners case for ‘right to repair’ was won in America so that’s a good sign that main dealers won’t have a monopoly on repairs. Anyway generally after a few years of something new coming along someone’s cracked a way into it anyway.

I think the machine owners case for ‘right to repair’ was won in America so that’s a good sign that main dealers won’t have a monopoly on repairs. Anyway generally after a few years of something new coming along someone’s cracked a way into it anyway.

That's technically the case here in the EU, if a tool (laptop) is needed to do a job, manufacturers are obliged to sell it to anyone who wants to buy it.

However the problem is pricing. For software manufacturers may charge you several thousand euro a year to keep it updated.

An another issue is that different manufacturers use different standards for connectivity etc, so that different connectors or software are needed for each brand.

CD54A994-BE5D-4297-A17A-FE33D644A93C.jpeg How much are lads paying for call outs on tyres, got this bill yesterday thought it’s gone steep, the last call out was over a year ago off the same crowd around €90 :unsure:

Last call out here was 70 I think. Handier than taking off the tyre and bringing it in all the same.

50 cash here so 70 on the books might be about right. 90 is very dear unless you're on top of a mountain or something

Back