Price of parts

€550 including vat I priced one last year and it was €100 less

I bought a new one as its a new design with no seam in it ifykwim.

The last time the mother sewed it back together it only lasted for 7 acres :rolleyes::rolleyes::thumbdown:

that was reasonable. three fairly simple belts wantin replacing on the destoner yesterday and grimme wanted €500 for them. your big belt seems much better value

The motor controlling the speed of the reel of the claas combine wasn't working right so we rang kellys of borris to price a new one.
any guess,s :sweatdrop:

The motor controlling the speed of the reel of the claas combine wasn't working right so we rang kellys of borris to price a new one.
oem stuff can be wacky money at times so god only knows.

is it a hyd motor or an electric/hydraulic one?

850 I'd reckon.

Another trip to Byrne's perhaps!

Bernard hadn't one when we were down the other day.

oem stuff can be wacky money at times so god only knows.

is it a hyd motor or an electric/hydraulic one?

Its a electric motor much the same size as a wiper motor, €380 + vat.
we were lucky the mechanic who looked at it first told us the motor was fcuked but he was only using a set of jump leads to test it:rolleyes: so we decided to get in tested in a auto electrical place and it turned out that the motor was perfected and that there was only a piece broken in the unit it was driven so €30 solved the problem.:thumbup2:

Particularly when slowing down the reel speed I screw in a bolt to split the pulleys to leave the belts slack . This takes the pressure off the motor . When speeding up the reel there is no need to do it as the belts are working with you ..

Particularly when slowing down the reel speed I screw in a bolt to split the pulleys to leave the belts slack . This takes the pressure off the motor . When speeding up the reel there is no need to do it as the belts are working with you ..

We were told to have the reel turning when adjusting the reel speed to take the pressure off the motor,is the pulley on your combine a taperlock pulley because theres only one bolt hole in the claas pulley and the you loosen that bolt to split the pulley:confused:

A wire broke in a section of wiring harness on the combine the other day, was to close to the plug to repair easily, thought I'd price a new section, about 2ft long with 8 connectors on it in total any one care to guess?

As a clue it was a nice surprise for a change

A wire broke in a section of wiring harness on the combine the other day, was to close to the plug to repair easily, thought I'd price a new section, about 2ft long with 8 connectors on it in total any one care to guess?

As a clue it was a nice surprise for a change
20 gbp ??

We were told to have the reel turning when adjusting the reel speed to take the pressure off the motor,is the pulley on your combine a taperlock pulley because theres only one bolt hole in the claas pulley and the you loosen that bolt to split the pulley:confused:

On my combine you split the pulley that the motor is not on to take the pressure off the motor . Always adjust combine pulleys while running . And if the speed is still too high the belt is worn or the thrust bearing is gone .

had to get a new core in the radiator on the f140, i couldn,t believe it when he said it will cost 640 plus vat as the last time i got one done in a 110/90 it was only 250 inc vat but it was a while ago now:crying:

had to get a new core in the radiator on the f140, i couldn,t believe it when he said it will cost 640 plus vat as the last time i got one done in a 110/90 it was only 250 inc vat but it was a while ago now:crying:

Given that the F is turbocharged from standard I wonder is there a different rad in her with more cooling fins?

Given that the F is turbocharged from standard I wonder is there a different rad in her with more cooling fins?

don,t know about that but i priced a new one and it came in at 940 inc vat at 23% but i,m not registered so the recon was about 200 cheaper, i saw john conaty had one on his website for 194 plus vat but when i rang him he only had a reconditioned one but 194 seemed too good to be true

Was that price from Carlow Radiators or Tommy Sinnott in Glenmore? Tommy is very keen on price.

Was that price from Carlow Radiators or Tommy Sinnott in Glenmore? Tommy is very keen on price.

I took a rad in to Carlow 2 years ago for a repair and yer man said it was a recore for 700 plus the vat. I told him no fcukin way and not to go near it, rad weld would do. I did it to but to be fair to yer man he took my number and a few weeks later he rang and told me he had a good rad in that only needed a repair and he'd take mine as a part exchange because the customer of the other rad wanted a new core and that was that. I think it was 200 plus the vat plus my rad and so far so good anyway.

carlow rads, tommy is away and not back til next week and he,ll probably have a weeks work ahead of him at that stage but he,s the one i usually get to do mine

Legalised extortion

Can think of no other way to describe what McConnell parts cost, a filter element and a wee control box with 6 leads attached, the drum is just for scale, usual virtually tasteless chocolate bar offering for closest guess.

Attachments

• Photo0560.jpg
    Photo0560.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 103
Can think of no other way to describe what McConnell parts cost, a filter element and a wee control box with 6 leads attached, the drum is just for scale, usual virtually tasteless chocolate bar offering for closest guess.

€250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

€250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I saw somewhere the filter cost that much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You're not too far out, care to break it down:001_smile:

Your filter is the main tank filter so at a guess, never having bought one or priced one at all, €200 for the filter with the remaining going on the control box.

Back