Price of parts

Your filter is the main tank filter so at a guess, never having bought one or priced one at all, €200 for the filter with the remaining going on the control box.

I was considering the filter expensive @ €175, considering it gets changed every 500 hrs that over 30c an hour to filter oil, wee control box was €440, know anybody that could investigate the guts of it as it's probably only a piece of circuitry in there that costs a few cent.

I was considering the filter expensive @ €175, considering it gets changed every 500 hrs that over 30c an hour to filter oil, wee control box was €440, know anybody that could investigate the guts of it as it's probably only a piece of circuitry in there that costs a few cent.

Yea, it's dear when you are putting the hours up quickly, still cheaper than no filter or a blocked one :D

I'd be interested in having a look at the innards of the control box, for curiosity sake.

Yea, it's dear when you are putting the hours up quickly, still cheaper than no filter or a blocked one :D

I'd be interested in having a look at the innards of the control box, for curiosity sake.

You're more than welcome to look into it, if you can figure whats popped in it all the better.

Was having trouble with the abs Ecu on a scania 143. Blowing a 20amp fuse as soon as it got power. New box between €850 to €1150 so sent the old one to this crowd http://www.autokey.ie/ . They emailed me a form to fill out explaining what was happening and any error codes and what machine the box was out of. Said they would check it out and get back to me with a price to repair if it was worth repairing.

Rang today and said they will have it fixed for€300+vat. Not to bad.

That's not to take work of candor though[emoji9]

Cut your way in, weld your way out!!!

You do seem to like the soap that Mc Connel Ireland keeps on the counter...

I bought a genuine filter yesterday for the Mc Connel,
£90+ vat.

You do seem to like the soap that Mc Connel Ireland keeps on the counter...

I bought a genuine filter yesterday for the Mc Connel,
£90+ vat.

That would be about €125 + vat or €153 incl vat here. They are still dear at that.

Control box in the skid steer packed in. The replacement was over €500 from the main dealer, but through another main dealer for a different brand (that the same control box is used in) delivered for €260

The yellow mono lever buttons for the McConnel, €45 each.
From Radionics in Dublin, in the same bag, €6 each.

That would be about €125 + vat or €153 incl vat here. They are still dear at that.
its still a decent bit cheaper.
altho imo one of two things need to change, either it gets cheaper or the hours on it go up.
its not available in any other shape or form either, i spent a night here looking to see if i could come up with something but no joy im afraid.

Was speaking to our hedgecutter guy last week, the joystick was playing up on it so spoke to dealer who told him you couldnt repair it and he'd need a new one at mega money and couldnt get it for a week, drove it 3 miles to a local electrical guy 15 min late he was on his way with it all working and a 50p something soldered into it

Hedgecutter arm movement pump spat it's dummy mid week, dealer wanted €360 +vat and not in stock even with the importer/distributor, rang a supplier in the UK whose source would be the same, £190 + carriage so will have it landed for €255, we are being screwed on parts here.:angry:

Hedgecutter arm movement pump spat it's dummy mid week, dealer wanted €360 +vat and not in stock even with the importer/distributor, rang a supplier in the UK whose source would be the same, £190 + carriage so will have it landed for €255, we are being screwed on parts here.:angry:
If you had bought it from a McConnel (presuming) dealer in the UK would it have been any cheaper than here though?

Massey 3095 brake o rings been quoted 44e and28e sj spares (qtp )£4 each worth a punt?
all depends on how much ripping you have to do to get to them. if it's internal I'd say stay genuine, forty euro saved wouldnt be long spent taking the back end apart again.

Massey 3095 brake o rings been quoted 44e and28e sj spares (qtp )£4 each worth a punt?

I know I'd be using the qtp ones, biggest danger is you nip them pushing the piston back in, I'd sooner nip the €4 one over the €44 one. Sure tis only rubber, I've used durex and tesco own brand and I can honestly say the experiences were equally as pleasurable at a fraction of the cost with the same out come:cowboy:

I know I'd be using the qtp ones, biggest danger is you nip them pushing the piston back in, I'd sooner nip the €4 one over the €44 one. Sure tis only rubber, I've used durex and tesco own brand and I can honestly say the experiences were equally as pleasurable at a fraction of the cost with the same out come:cowboy:
Ahhh sure you could go without and chance a bit of leakage:woot:

Reactions: max
A little bit off topic, but i recently bought a digger. A 1983 hitachi UH 02. The problem im having is not so much the price of parts, but the lack of parts available. i decided to give it a full change of oil and filters. There are three filters in the tank; a main suction filter, and two bypass filters. The main suction filter is still serviced and is available at around 60 euro, but neither bypass filter are served; they sit in a seperate compartment in the tank. So i decided to abandon them, and i fitted a filter housing off a mcconnell hedgecutter outside the tank under one of the panels. Works perfect, and the outlet of the filter is piped into the top of the tank, flowing down into the tank instead of through the old bypass filter assembly. Fleetguard filter to suit was 28 euros. A bit of improvisation can go a long way. I will upload pictures of the set up at a later time.

Flow meter for applicator on baler 430 plus vat here from dealer.
110 sterling delivered from dealer in England who supplies the dealer here.
Sad sad world we live in

Back