Rauch axis

You’d have to see it in the flesh but it does look very clean. Looks like the operator liked the power hose too which wouldn’t always be the best thing.
Yeah it’s definitely one machine you wouldn’t want to be buying blind anyway. Looking at it again there now there’s a bit of a dent in the back right corner of the main hopper just over the marker board

You’d have to see it in the flesh but it does look very clean. Looks like the operator liked the power hose too which wouldn’t always be the best thing.

Yeah it’s definitely one machine you wouldn’t want to be buying blind anyway. Looking at it again there now there’s a bit of a dent in the back right corner of the main hopper just over the marker board

Should be going to view this in the afternoon once I get a few beet delivery’s done. Would get new stickers if she is clean other wise. He told me about the dent so will have to look at that to

The paint seems to be good on these spreaders. Ours is a 2012 model too and it’s holding really well.

Try and get a good look in around the gearbox to inspect for any oil weeping.

The paint seems to be good on these spreaders. Ours is a 2012 model too and it’s holding really well.

Try and get a good look in around the gearbox to inspect for any oil weeping.

Deal done. Clean spreader. The mark should pop out with a careful few taps. Very good paint work with next to no rust. Will look after the mark and get new stickers and she will do me for a long time. On s4 vains so spreading 18-24. Think I am going 21m

Deal done. Clean spreader. The mark should pop out with a careful few taps. Very good paint work with next to no rust. Will look after the mark and get new stickers and she will do me for a long time. On s4 vains so spreading 18-24. Think I am going 21m

Well done and well wear Daniel!!. Put up some pics when you’ve the stickers on please!

I think we’ve S4 discs also. On 24m. We’ve been very happy with ours. I’m sure you’ve checked the veins for wear.

Did you say it came from a Dublin farm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well wear with her. I've an older MDS one and can't fault it one bit. The paintwork is excellent on those machines and a quick spray over of used backend oil a few times during the year will keep them looking perfect for a long time. Along edges especially where the stainless steel bottom meets the red hopper are especially important to wash well and drown in oil.

Well done and well wear Daniel!!. Put up some pics when you’ve the stickers on please!

I think we’ve S4 discs also. On 24m. We’ve been very happy with ours. I’m sure you’ve checked the veins for wear.

I will indeed when I get her tided up. Yea very little wear at all. Next to nothing. Has spread very little in last two years as the farmer was getting in a bulk spreader with variable spreading and this was left in the shed. So he only spread with it for 4 years work really.

Yea the add was up two weeks ago and was in north Dublin. I rang him and was talking to him about it

All the work has been done and happy with it now. Just would like to get something ploughed now so I could spread something. Replaced a few broken reflectors and a few stickers and small bits of paint work done on it. Also stripped down the cover frame and dismantled it all and cleaned and painted it and put back together. Also I know the sticker on the back ain’t right for the spreader but it will do me. I asked for the same as what was on it but got that one.

66EB973A-2CC6-4FE7-9D82-0E5A2684495B.png E4B497C7-BE7B-45EE-A073-D0A58B360B8D.png BBCEC819-6E6E-41D5-AC9A-7BDFFE0BE66E.png B3D6B215-73C0-4B90-92C1-094A1D2EB3C2.png 2377F849-93ED-4905-97B8-EEF6F533111C.png

All the work has been done and happy with it now. Just would like to get something ploughed now so I could spread something. Replaced a few broken reflectors and a few stickers and small bits of paint work done on it. Also stripped down the cover frame and dismantled it all and cleaned and painted it and put back together.

View attachment 52474 View attachment 52475 View attachment 52476 View attachment 52477 View attachment 52478

Lovely looking spreader there Daniel - well wear!

I’d imagine if you were short spools it would be possible to stick the border on a leccy actuator? Something like the ones on the tip of a harvester chute?

One thing I notice that the rauch mds has that the axis don’t have is any way of seeing that either side is open or one closed from looking out the back window.

19934CC3-AED5-4544-A884-54E01BD7BA3A.png

Anyone who has an axis and has the hydraulic telimat for the border control, could ye tell me does that always have to be changed. I assumed if you were spreading 21m it be set once and that’s it but looking at the book for example Goulding C.A.N you set it at P 12.5 for full border spread but then for other blends it could be Q13. Most I can see are set for P12.5 though so would I just leave it at that for all or would it make much difference to change it.

Back