Regulator, how does it work

lough

20190610_174416.jpg

I got this regulator along with a mig welder. When you turn it in the ON direction, clockwise the same as a water tap to me that would be closing it and when you turn it in the OFF direction which is anti clockwise you would be opening it which to me is on.
Does anyone know why it is labeled this way or explain the correct way to work it or does it work opposite to the way a water tap works

Last edited:
View attachment 66850

I got this regulator along with a mig welder. When you turn it in the ON direction, clockwise the same as a water tap to me that would be closing it and when you turn it in the OFF direction which is anti clockwise you would be opening it which to me is on.
Does anyone know why it is labeled this way or explain the correct way to work it or does it work opposite to the way a water tap works
It's more of a flow rate controller, there should be a brass tap behind it or on the bottle itself. Open the bottle tap one turn, then operate the mig welder for a few seconds and see where the needle on the right gauge settles. I'd have it between 10 and 20 depending what I'm at. Adjust the black on/off knob to get this figure. Weld a bit and release knob again to let gauge settle. The gauge on the left tells you how much gas in left in the bottle.

Back