Reversing camera

How long to do you think any of these would last mounted in the fert hopper?

If left in full-time maybe not long.
If you had it on a magnet or something and stored it dry when not in use might not be too bad

Zero grazer came with a wireless camera kit . Camera mounted on the back of the grazer powered by the side lights. Screen is mounted in one tractor. This morning grazer is on a different tractor still have screen in my tractor. So roughly 60/70 ft between both and still had perfect picture.

Have you a picture of the actual camera and how it's mounted on the zero grazer?

Have you a picture of the actual camera and how it's mounted on the zero grazer?
There's an aerial on the back of the camera but it came folded down out of the way and works fine so didn't bother putting it up .

Attachments

• IMG_2109.JPG
    IMG_2109.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2111.JPG
    IMG_2111.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 95
How do lads find the 10m cables for reach? Are they a bit on the short side for the likes of putting a camera on a tanker or diet feeder?

How do lads find the 10m cables for reach? Are they a bit on the short side for the likes of putting a camera on a tanker or diet feeder?
Get a wireless one, as in one that transmits the picture wirelessly. Then you'll only have to worry about the power wire and that's easily extended. I've a wireless one from amazon on the turf machine 4 years now, a great job.

Get a wireless one, as in one that transmits the picture wirelessly. Then you'll only have to worry about the power wire and that's easily extended. I've a wireless one from amazon on the turf machine 4 years now, a great job.
Wasn’t sure as I thought some were hit and miss but might just go that way alright! Less chance of it getting cut and more chance of it being used :lol: was also wondering how well the rca connectors would hold up when the machines disconnected so I suppose the wireless removes that problem too:Thumbp2:

Wasn’t sure as I thought some were hit and miss but might just go that way alright! Less chance of it getting cut and more chance of it being used :lol: was also wondering how well the rca connectors would hold up when the machines disconnected so I suppose the wireless removes that problem too:Thumbp2:
Some are better than others. Ideally you need one that is digital wireless, the cheap ones are analogue and not as good.

There can be funny connectors In the harness too, with small finicky pins, for the power supply like. I taped all round them connectors solid and put a three pin plug on the other end. I never opened them since bar one evening the cable broke when a piece of bog timber fell over the edge and nicked the wire. I joined it with an the remains of an old aux cord I had in the tractor with the intentions of repairing it properly at some stage but that's 2 years ago now and it's still in it :cowboy:

I got a 15m cable for the combine, I’d say 10 would do most applications but the extra length only costs less than a tenner more if not sure.

Got a 10m cable on the tanker here and there will be a couple of meters spare on it, that's plugging it into a connector just inside the back window. Got another cable going from there to the screen it's also 10m but only because that was the shortest one they had in stock

I was in a loader yesterday and it had a camera that had a green zone for a safe distance and it turned red when it was near an object. Anyone have one of these and are they any use . The one on our loader is in need of upgrading.

I was in a loader yesterday and it had a camera that had a green zone for a safe distance and it turned red when it was near an object. Anyone have one of these and are they any use . The one on our loader is in need of upgrading.
How useful is a camera on a loader? I have never had one on a loader.

Not a great pic of it but got this mounted up yesterday, I was trying to keep it low but the result is that it catches the top of the barrel slightly, not really a problem can see as much as we need to anyways.C66B86A6-6E89-41C4-9FDF-97817FD61C21.jpeg44721DA7-16A2-4B85-9E25-FE3732589643.jpeg I went with the usual eBay wireless ones, got 2 of the ones with 2 cameras and 7” screen, so I’ve 4 cameras to put between tankers and trailers and a screen in each tractor so atleast that way any combination should have it.

Not a great pic of it but got this mounted up yesterday, I was trying to keep it low but the result is that it catches the top of the barrel slightly, not really a problem can see as much as we need to anyways.View attachment 73349View attachment 73350 I went with the usual eBay wireless ones, got 2 of the ones with 2 cameras and 7” screen, so I’ve 4 cameras to put between tankers and trailers and a screen in each tractor so atleast that way any combination should have it.

Any chance of the link please @drew ?

Any chance of the link please @drew ?
Here ya go!
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.ie/ulk/itm/254421376424

I’m not sure what the quality will be like long term. the image is plenty good for what we want, haven’t actually got to try it during daylight yet but will get a better pic of the screen when I do. I had the tanker backed into the shed on one tractor with the screen on and it was perfect then turned on the screen in the other tractor probably 30m away you could make out the image on it but it was a bit fuzzy.

I’ve just wired it off the side lights as there is only a 6 core cable under the tanker so couldn’t wire it through the fog light pole which I had thought of doing originally

Eventually got around to fitting up the camera on the other tanker, quite happy with it as you can easily see both outside corners of the shoe and about 10-12ft back from it too. Colour seems to go a bit funny on them but not to worried, I can see what I need too so it’ll do perfectlyA919C7B3-932A-4A2D-B762-B35FDD1BF0F3.jpeg7F8073FB-E2E9-4A42-B1BC-B85C19FDAFC1.jpeg

Anyone with experience of digital wireless cameras, can you display a picture from a single camera to multiple screens? and do the camera and screen come paired or how do they link to each other?
Looking to put a camera on a potato harvester and have screens in each of the carting tractors to help with positioning for filling boxes. Would need a range of 15m at most.
Any recommendations of where to buy for reasonable money?

Back